Star $5 note

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by dwhiz, Dec 4, 2016.

1. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

I found this among my paper money. I do look for star note but don't find many.
    I did learn that my scanner won't allow me to scan paper money:meh: IMG_3456.JPG

gronnh20 and alurid like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

big brother in your scanner? It does help to keep people out of trouble.

dwhiz likes this.
  4. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

My scanner is only 3 years old but I've never had that problem. Maybe because I scan at 125 % instead of 100% size?

dwhiz and rickmp like this.
  5. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I have the same problem. Thanks for the tip, I never thought of that. I'm going to try it.

6. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Nothing special on the star note looks like a spender on the scanner issue i,am going to try it right now.

7. mpcusa

A ok, tried printing on all percentages 50% 100% and 125% all came out fine on my Cannon printer :)

tommyc03 likes this.
  8. mpcusa

9. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Thanks, I'll spend it.

10. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

I once informed a former employer, one that occasionally got visited by the politicians of a particular party, that the signs depicting an $50 note (as part of a bonus incentive) were actual size making their production a felony. They DID immediately remove those signs and resize the image. I was only trying to be helpful considering the position of the sponsors, but I wonder how that employer really viewed my attempt to save them trouble.

11. tommyc03

tommyc03 Senior Member

Not all scanners are created equally, or computers either. My GF works at a pack & ship outfit and they have computer chips in their scanners that run into this type of problem. They also have memory chips that need to be cleaned every so often also as the RAM gets maxed out. Slow downs and outright lock ups.

12. alurid

alurid Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that the little yellows are there purposely to foil people from photo-copying paper money. That the makers of copy machine are to write programs that reconize the little yellows and keeps the machine from copying it. Anti-counterfeiting.

13. mpcusa

The scanner i have is simple and pretty uncomplicated make great copies and scans though so i cant complain.

14. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I use an HP Scanjet G3110 flatbed scanner, and it has always scanned everything, both old and new currency without any special settings or software.

Draft saved Draft deleted