Featured Standing Liberty Quarters---The Full Head Debate

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lehigh96, Nov 10, 2008.

1. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

Oh I bet you would....But you need to re-examine your words and read carefully the preceeding posts.

The only apology I MUST give in the matter between us, is that of one to myself, for letting my anger get the better of me in the post where I did impolitely call you out,for who you were being, in retaliation.

It's called an examination of conscience, and you would do well to examine yours as well. You may have some good knowledge but you lack the wisdom and discipline to exercise it at the appropriate time or level of intensity.

Consider that bit of wisdom, a gift for your personal growth and may peace eventually work it's way into your being.

Signing off from future communications with you,
    -Valpo

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Wow just wow

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  4. ValpoBeginner

Yeah....WOW...For it is a pity you don't comprehend your loss. Abd too bad you don't realize that this is not a game best played in versus mode, but best played cooperatively. You'd better brush up on your poor reading comprehension skills before you take your SAT. You can't even tell when you've been defeated in a battle which you decided to wage with me. Re-reading it will do you no good.

Oh, and this isn't anger, it's astonishment at what this country's future'd be like if all the youth of today were as obtuse, and impulsive as you are, And if they do turn out to be that way, I hope at least they take their meds.

You saw how I acted at the news that FS Jeffersons weren't being verified at CAC....Did I Gloat? no

You, baseball21, need to be mentored: perhaps your pride will make that quite impossible.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. ValpoBeginner

Go ahead and have your final word, because you always do, but know that I won't see it because my session has ended and I'll put you on the ignore list and unlike you I have to work in the morning. No more attempts to educate you...you will be one who learns the hard way or never at all.

6. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

OK, this is a stopping point. So stop this back and forth! NOW. Thanks Jim

Paul M. likes this.
  7. baseball21

So you're going to just leave up the pages of him coming completely off the rails not discussing coins in any way at all, rather spending all of his time with just completely off topic and off base personal attacks at me while trying to present himself as the savior of everyone? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paul M. likes this.
  8. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I see it as a tied game called for darkness. There is no need to prolong a discussion that there is such disagreement and conviction that if it were to continue, more drastic action would be necessary. Jim

9. baseball21

You can’t possibly be serious. So in your mind correcting someone making incorrect statements about grading services with facts is equal to someone going on pages and pages of personal attacks that have nothing to do with anything?

Another fine job of absurd double standard moderation by you. And people wonder why so many posters have left for other sites

Paul M. likes this.
  10. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

I think Jim just enjoys treating the members of this forum like children. I didn't see anything that either one of you posted that violated forum rules so I have no earthly idea why he thinks it is necessary to intervene at all.

11. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Well that I couldn’t answer with any sort of thing to back me up, but since JA started PCGS, NGC and CAC, I would assume that the criteria is the same.

12. ValpoBeginner

I like where you are going with the John Albanese logic. When I think of what controlling authority he might have used, I have to think of the only entity whose been in existance for 125 years, the ANA. I would venture to think that John Albanese may have been quite heavily influenced by their principles and guidance. I'll have to get my hands on a copy of the ANA's newest copy of "The Official Grading Standards for United States Coins" to see if they mention the FH designation. If it does Id bet that most of the grading companies follow its precedent.

A few may add on more exacting and stricter criteria, but in the end it is the buyer and the consumer market forces who give them the opportunity to influence the market at large. The ANA does not exist for profit, so they point to two sources on their website for studying SLQ's, neither of which I have.

• Standing Liberty Quarters, J.H. Cline, (1976).
    • Standing Liberty Quarters: Varieties and Errors, Robert Knauss, (2004).

Draft saved Draft deleted