Featured Standing Liberty Quarters---The Full Head Debate

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Lehigh96, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

Attempt to assemble a problem free set of uncirculated SLQs by only purchasing raw coins and you will change your mind about your certification assumption.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ValpoBeginner

ValpoBeginner Well Known Supporter

TELL ME WHERE THEY CERTIFY FULL STEP JEFFERSON NICKELS AT CAC? Do they really accept coins all coins?
    THE ANSWER IS NO.

I

4. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

What does their not accepting most moderns have to do with anything?

5. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

Lehigh - would you say that there are very few non certified ms63 non full head standing liberty quarters?

If you know you have a common non full head SLQ, and the value is around $200, would you always slab it? I am just wondering.

Btw, SLQs are a wonderful and very challenging series to collect. You need to be patient as they are not usually frequent at shows.

6. ValpoBeginner

I wonder genius.. Do you actually not remember your accusation....

"You’re wrong about CAC. They do everything.
    Designations are given as part of the grade. CAC evaluates the whole grade which includes the designations
    "

Now give me the the apology you owe me for replying to my question with such a personal and indignant self -righteous response, or look back at this when you have failed to learn this lesson within your real life, leading to consequeces that cause you to get into a dispute at work or whatever it is that you do, that results in your real life termination, or perhaps your conviction, or even something as simple as losing someone who might have cared about you

I really think that you must ignore most of the words I reply to you in order to provoke an argument for arguments stake. Could it be that you enjoy being an clown, with whom, most of the modern world has already dismissed as a deviant broken part of society with no other purpose than to attempt to discredit others.

Why do you engage in these oppositional-defiant arguments....I would like to know and most of the people you've already alienated on cointalk would like to know why it is that you feel the need to tell people that they are wrong in the face of contradictory facts and impossible odds of prevailing on your loosely gathered understanding of the messages people try to get across to you with tact, poise and reason....Are you a masochist?, or just a guy who is looking for lulz. I think those of us whom you insult might like to know your motivation.

I suggest you read and re-read thisreading comprehension mentor before making a dignified reasonable reply..

7. baseball21

Lol this is just hysterical. Now you’re attacking me personally because you have no idea about CAC or apparently grading. Someone else can explain it to you, I already did and you kept arguing and now you’re on this long winded personal attack rant for no reason :rolleyes:

I’m not the one who needs to be apologizing for making sure accurate information is given

The only reason I even continued to engage you is for people reading so that they could get the correct information. So for their sake I’ll say it one last time. The TPGs give FH when warranted. If a coin is graded FH CAC has to agree with the designation as well as the grade to sticker it. Designations are part of the CAC evaluation.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  8. Lehigh96

I would say that almost all mint state SLQs reside in plastic independent of full head status. You are using the $200 mark as the level for when a coin should be graded, while I think it is much lower than that. In my experience, most people would not hesitate to have a $50-$100 coin graded as it ensures that the coin is genuine, problem free, and greatly increases liquidity. In fact, the last SLQ I submitted, I sent in twice.

guess-the-assigned-grade-1924-standing-liberty-quarter-bonus

Btw, that thread is very interesting, give it a read if you have the time.

baseball21 likes this.
  9. ValpoBeginner

I'd call it constructive criticism designed to promote personal growth within someone who has potential for great things but is blind to the ways others are seeing him, Ive received messages from other members about your behavior and you do, whether you realize it or no,t come off as confrontational, by out and out telling people that they are wrong. I'm not saying you mean it as an attack, but there are better ways to express your beliefs, which in this case are not at all consistent with my experiece dealing with the policies and procedures outlined by the submission guidelines on the CACcoin.com downloadable submission form. You couldn't have looked at this in regard to FS Jeff 5c coins, otherwise you'd know that they simply will return a slab ,designation or not, containing a Jefferson Nickel of any kind. Rather than wasting my time proving this to you right now, I propose a gentlemen's bet, not monetary at all, of an apology from one party or the other outlining the mistakes, either of us has realized we made in this dispute.

You like baseball, correct? I happen to be a huge fan myself. So maybe the statement of apology should include the famous line from a man who went from the top of Baseball's highest position in the 80's to his having to issue a statement finding the evidence of his mistake to be "candid, forthright, and truthful" that he did in fact do what he was accused of, but he,he unlike my proposal here, was banned from baseball forever.

But my proposal, if mutual terms are agreed upon, does offer a ban and is a far cry from having anyone like Bud Selig, having to preside over it. The following is my proposal:

!st there would be in the form of a peremptory agreement entered into by both of us, prior to engaging in the non-fiduciary aforementioned gentlemen's agreement on posting in the general discussion forum a post entitled "Sincere apology to the winner of the "Pete Rose Peace Accord", by which we would not have even one term, and I Repeat not one term, legally binding, of course due to our controlling authority in this case the rules, terms and conditions of cointalk.com, but and in place of law we'd be rather bound by honor,
    not to or challenge each other in a disrespectful manner a post here from one one of us to another on these set of forums ever again.

Of course we could disagree on matters of opinion, but matters o would in fact have to be proven by official links to policies, standards, and non-editorial opinions of even experts BEFORE any statement is posted in a polite manner indicating that one of us has become aware that the other has made a mistake of fact.

Well that's really all I could come up with right now, let me know what you think, feel free to propose any revisions and then we might be able to peacefully carry on.

10. baseball21

I do know what they do and don’t do which is why I know you’ve already lost this bet. They do Jefferson’s from 38-42 proof only. They also do the 43/2 P, the 38 doubled Monticello and five cents and the 49 d/s.

No idea why you keep bringing up Jefferson’s

11. ValpoBeginner

Ok I guess that is a rejection of the offer then? Perhaps you might consider this a bit longer it may well be worth it.

12. ValpoBeginner

I realize this message has many typos grammatical errors, and the like. Please read for intended content only. I do not have the time to edit it.

13. Lehigh96

For accuracy's sake, the Doubled Monticello is 1939. Are you sure they don't do the 1943-P Doubled Eye Variety? It is one of the key varieties of the series.

14. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

My understanding is that CAC will sticker a coin if they agree with the grade, the full grade. The assigned grade includes designations like FH, FH, FBL and color designations like RD, RB, and BR. CAC will not sticker a coin if they do not also agree with the designations given, therefore they do consider the FH (and others) as part of their process. They will not sticker a coin solely on the basis of the assigned numerical grade, all designations count.

Paul M., baseball21 and Lehigh96 like this.
  15. baseball21

Thanks for the correction. It looks like they might here’s the links to their pop reports for the series for green stickers. The gold stickers in the pop are all proofs

http://www.caccoin.com/cgi-bin/pop_results.cgi?Issue=Nickel&Type=Jefferson, Wartime

http://www.caccoin.com/cgi-bin/pop_results.cgi?Issue=Nickel&Type=Jefferson

ValpoBeginner likes this.
  16. Lehigh96

17. ValpoBeginner

18. ValpoBeginner

Only proof nickels are verified by CAC. I wish it would consider doing the circulation strikes. I'm not exactly sure about the SMS years ('64-'67), because they are considered special strikes not proofs.

I regret that this post became a place to discuss nickels but these things can happen.

19. baseball21

I didn’t see it on their coins we accept list but I don’t think they ever update that.

20. baseball21

I’ll be happy to accept your apology........

21. ValpoBeginner

Yes, I agree, the designations do count on the coins they will consider for verification. Most importantly to this post, the FH designation. But what exactly is CAC's criteria for a FH designation, do they just use the same criteria for that the TPG who slabbed the coin uses, or do they have their own criteria?

Draft saved Draft deleted