Standing Liberty is scheduled

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Brian Calvert, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Brian Calvert

Brian Calvert Active Member

No details yet, but it does NOW shown on the schedule...
    What will the cost be.... 800.00 plus ?
    Guessing limit is 5 and total is 100K ?
    Make your guess...

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

I would guess a limit of 50 and $8000 since I have no idea of what you are talking about.

tradernick and Pap4tinker like this.
  4. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

The price schedule was already released. I think it was around $500 depending on price of gold at release time.

5. Brian Calvert

Thought they were going to be 1/2 ounce... Can't be that cheap...
    They charged 215 for 1/10 ounce dime...

6. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Standing liberty will be a quarter ounce. Walking liberty, later in the year, will be the half-ounce.

jwitten likes this.
  7. Brian Calvert

8. Omegaraptor

Omegaraptor Gobrecht/Longacre Enthusiast

Not that I care, as I can't afford one at the moment (saving up for something else), not to mention the coin will likely have mushy details like the gold Merc.

Come on, they made 125K of them, full details shouldn't be that hard.

(Not to mention the "we got full strikes 170 years ago on teeny tiny half dimes" thing that has been mentioned before)

9. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

Wonder if the TV sellers will load up on them like they did the Mercs? At last glance, they were still trying to unload them (at idiot prices, of course)

10. jwitten

I have a few mercs in retro green holders. I will probably try flipping some raw ones to buy a 70 in retro to match my mercs.

11. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I will wait to buy in a couple of years. I predict the same price drop as the Baseball HOF commems...

longshot likes this.
  12. jwitten

Original prices for gold HOF= $419-$429.
    Recent sales prices on gold HOF = about $450 raw.

What drop are you talking about?

13. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

More than likely they will, maybe a scaled back order a little bit but I am pretty sure they sold enough of them that they came out ahead given their large markup. The Walker will be the interesting one with the highest price and whether or not the fatigue of watching them all spike and drop again will have set in for the last one

14. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Okay, there was at least one gold commem that held a premium for at least a couple of years. More than one, actually, but they're a very small minority.

15. baseball21

baseball21 Well-Known Member

Very true and to be fair to the gold commems that's really true for basically all of the modern mint products besides the random thing here or there where it's known ahead of time that it'll be a hot product

-jeffB likes this.
  16. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

Vess1 likes this.
  17. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I was referring to the silver dollar baseball HOF coins that were up to $150 a couple of years ago. Now in proof you can find it for $55 to $60

It is a great coins and I would like to buy one, but the gold mercury dime will drop in price after this year if I go by trends.

18. jwitten

Those cost $48-$52 from the mint... so STILL a better deal buying from the mint. I agree they are cheaper than they were on the secondary market... but mint price was cheapest.

19. GoldBug999

GoldBug999 Well-Known Member

My guess is a household limit of 3, with a price of $520.00.

20. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

Why does it alway have to come around to a discussion about what it cost to what it is now. I got into coins for the love, history and beauty. They should not be about how much I can make. Buy stocks or bullion if it's investing.

BTW: I'm thinking $499 limit of 3.

21. TheMont

TheMont Well-Known Member

From what happened with the 1/10 oz. Gold Mercury, I think the mint will set the household limit to 1 and charge around $550 for the 1/4 oz. of gold. That's a pretty high markup, but it's similar to the gold Mercury markup. Let's see if the coin companies call me again and offer me $100 to order the coin and ship it to them in the original mint box.

The Standing Liberty Quarter happens to be one of my favorites, so we're going to see if we can put the money together to get one.

Draft saved Draft deleted