Standing Libertad, Value 25 Token ID Help Please!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by iPen, Feb 1, 2017.

1. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what this token is?

It appears to take after the Standing Liberty quarter's obverse design, but the "LIBERTAD" in Spanish and "VALUE" in English is confusing. I've seen other listings on the 'Bay for this, and those are silver examples, and they state that it's South American in origin. One of them cites a 1916 date.

The strange part is that the reverse is completely blank on those. The star on Liberty's shield is also lower and fully shown compared to this one. It's about 23mm in diameter.

Thanks in advance!

upload_2017-2-1_12-48-22.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

It's my guess that this was cheaply produced to be used as a "Good For" in some cantina. The image of the woman is fugly, and the plastic surgeon who gave her the breast job should have his license revoked.

Chris

Kentucky and scottishmoney like this.
  4. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

She's also microcephalic.

Paddy54 likes this.
  5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

What he said, X2

6. V. Kurt Bellman

V. Kurt Bellman Yes, I'm blunt! Get over your "feeeeelings".

Wow, zika got around fast!

7. iPen

iPen Well-Known Member

Can anyone ID it?

This eBay listing says it's from 1916. I can't seem to find anymore info on it.

And this one's supposedly from 1890 is of a different token but from Argentina that copies a US coin design on one side, and has LIBERTAD on the other.

8. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Obviously a Brazilian token. :)

9. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

There are slight differences between your specimen and the one on eBay. The paving stones and the position of the woman's breasts are different. It's not uncommon for private mints to swap out dies to use for other customers. I'm guessing that your design is newer, not from 1916.

Chris

10. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

There was a young girl from Devizes
    With...

uh...better not, google it

Draft saved Draft deleted