Standard Catalog of World Paper Money

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Jaelus, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Does anyone have handy the Krause 2019 Standard Catalog of World Paper Money - Modern issues 1961-present 25th edition or newer?

I don't have a copy but I need something looked up as I'm having a disagreement with PMG. I can see the references I'm looking for in online catalogs referencing Krause but they're telling me they don't see it.

If you have one please message me, thanks.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chris B

Chris B Supporter! Supporter

I have a digital version of the 23rd if that helps at all.

4. Notaphylic_C

Notaphylic_C Well-Known Member

Prices range from $2.99 to $9.99 for the digital version on eBay. I only have the 24th edition but I have nearly abandoned it shortly after reading their list prices since it appeared out-of-date (& I ended up turning to other resources for the BV's of most notes). Its not bad as a reference (starting point) but quite dated (inaccurate) with most modern issues & mostly inflated estimates (little info on signature/prefix variations), etc.

Jaelus likes this.
  5. Burton Strauss III

Burton Strauss III Brother can you spare a trime? Supporter

It's only going to get more stale and more out of date...

6. techwriter

techwriter Well-Known Member

I recently donated them to a local library. Don't buy them now, too expensive and prices are always way off; were good references though.

7. charley

charley Well-Known Member

Join Greysheet.

8. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Greysheet is for coins.
    Greensheet is for paper money.

techwriter likes this.
  9. charley

Greysheet offers access to world paper money catalog, via subscription, not only U.S. Try it.....

10. Burton Strauss III

Steve, I know YOU know this, but some people are guilty of loose usage of terms.

Graysheet is both the name of the company and the name of one of its products (a wholesale price guide for coins).

Greensheet is another product, the one for paper money. U.S. Colonial Currency Greensheet is another.

Rounding out their offerings are the "CPG Coin & Currency Market Review" and the "CAC Rare Coin Market Review" both of which are retail (collector) price guides.

https://www.greysheet.com/

Whitman is (recently) another line of their products.

Player11 likes this.
  11. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Good idea. I bought a digital copy. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks.

12. Burton Strauss III

Just remember that

- technically that is an unauthorized copy of a copyrighted work

- it hasn't been updated since the publication of the printed volume which is before F+W Media went bankrupt

- whatever newer/current data exists is behind the paywall at Numismaster.com (Active Interest Media purchased the periodicals and data from the bankruptcy auction)

13. charley

A bit more clarity, if you are going to assume the definition of the GREYSHEET Flagship offerings:

There are various on-line pricing included offerings based on subscription levels.

One of those offerings is: BANKNOTE RETAIL VALUES (World Paper Money).

Pricing is Real Time updated. It is part of all the entire subscription level offerings:Collector/Collector+/Currency Dealer/Coin Dealer Digital Only/Coin Dealer/Dealer Plus/ and Pro levels.

GREYSHEET WHOLESALE VALUES(U.S. and World Coins and CAC) /and GREENSHEET WHOLESALE VALUES (U.S. Paper Money) are NOT part of 3 Subscription levels- Collector/Collector+/and Currency Dealer.

GREENSHEET WHOLESALE VALUES (U.S. Paper Money) is not included in the Collector/Collector+/Coin Dealer Digital Only/Coin Dealer level subscriptions.

It has nothing to do with guilty loose usage of terms.

I know that you SHOULD know that, but you have a repetitive misinformed position of what GREYSHEET is and is not.

14. Player11

Player11 Bullish

I have kept my Krause (world pm) Catalog book - 24th edition (last). It appears they have been replaced by the (digital) CDN Banknote book.

I recap my notes on a spreadsheet, keep a column for both in addition to item cost. For graded notes have another column for pop and number higher (if any). Beyond that further analysis may be performed.

Last edited: May 16, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted