Standard 2017A repeater to most

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by cashhound, Aug 25, 2020.

1. cashhound

cashhound Well-Known Member

I would just like to share my note and story. I bought this note because of sentimental reasons. The numbers 5779 have been the last 4#s of our phone number for the last 60 years. It's almost priceless to me.

20-PF57795779B.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

4. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Nice to find something with meaning like that. Good buy.

cashhound and Inspector43 like this.
  5. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Now, something like that is well worth the effort. Great find.

cashhound likes this.
  6. Coin Obsessed

Coin Obsessed Active Member

Nice find

cashhound likes this.
  7. cashhound

Thanx guyz! It cost me 31.99 with shipping.

Coin Obsessed and Sidney Osborne like this.
  8. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

You got a good deal , the paper looks very good, might want to pmg it, and /or protect it beyond just a plastic sleeve...just 3 distinctly
    different digits...super cool...! By the way, was this from a coin shop, auction...?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    Inspector43 and cashhound like this.
  9. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

Congratulations @cashhound on both finding this note AND having the same phone number for 60 years. Not many can say that.

Inspector43 and cashhound like this.
  10. cashhound

eBay

Inspector43 likes this.
  11. Inspector43

I would say that it is well worth the price you paid. My first phone number only had 4 digits.

12. Mountain Man

Was that four rings on the wall crank phone? LOL

13. BasSWarwick

BasSWarwick Well-Known Member

A new number I obtained in UK 1970 was 3169, that was changed over 20 years to 63169 then to 363169. I wonder how easy/hard it would be to find a note with the whole number. A previous number in got installed for myself when I was about 18 at my parents home in 1964 was 4664, later changed to 64664. Another digit was added in the 80's

Inspector43 likes this.
  14. Inspector43

Well it was a party line and before dial. I can't remember the ring sequence. We didn't have a crank phone.

15. Inspector43

Our number in the 40's was J5945. The it went to Plaza 2-5945.Listed as PL2-5945. The when dial came in it became 752-5945.

BasSWarwick likes this.
  16. Mountain Man

We had a party line in L.A. in the late 40s but still had the initials and 5 numbers. I remember that it was NE5-???? I don't remember the number any longer. Heck, I'm lucky if I can remember my telephone number now. LOL

Inspector43 likes this.
  17. Inspector43

I have a lot of trouble with phone numbers today. People don't memorize them. A little box does it for you.

BasSWarwick likes this.
  18. Mountain Man

You got that right. I had an emergency situation come up and my cell phone (only phone I've got) was dead and I didn't have my friends number memorized by heart to call for help. Had to hike several miles to a neighbor for help. LOL

19. Inspector43

We all have cell phones. But, we have a land line in every room. It is driven by Magic Jack. About $10 a year. All the existing phone lines are tied to one. Then the Magic Jack is attached to the Internet Router. The phone has a local number. But you still need to know numbers.

20. Mountain Man

Unfortunately, I have no service at my cabin and can only use my cell phone if I hike to the Continental Divide.

21. cashhound

We no longer have this phone # because we had to go out of business because of our Governor ... NOT the virus.
    JJOES003.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted