Stack's catalogue/info required from 1969

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by robp, Jun 3, 2020.

1. robp

robp Well-Known Member

I've got a coin ticket which indicates the coin was ex-Stack's in 1969. I need the info for when it was sold, or if a spare catalogue of the sale is available I would be interested in acquiring it.

The coin in question is a William II type 5 penny of Romney, the reverse legend reading GOLD ON RIIMNE. There was only one known in 1969, so any reference will be this coin.

Pictures attached as the coin is likely to have been illustrated.

It appears the coin spent most of the past 50+ years in north America, so if anyone else follows these things and can expand on where it has been, it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    c2197-William II type 5 Romney.jpg Linzalone.jpg

Seattlite86 and Chris B like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stairstars

stairstars Well-Known Member

Seattlite86 likes this.
  4. robp

robp Well-Known Member

Thanks. That narrows it down to either May 16th (Illinois) or Sept. 19th (Emmons), but unfortunately no contents details are listed.

5. stairstars

stairstars Well-Known Member

Yes, they seem to be offline. I emailed them last night when I noticed. Some entries have a 'view' button below the description that takes you to where they are held, but the STACKS catalogs do not. Will see what they respond. Once you find out what catalog you need, if any, you can get an original from Bryce Brown.

Bryce Brown.JPG

6. robp

robp Well-Known Member

Thanks. I sent him an email an hour ago, but it's a bit early to expect a reply.

7. robp

robp Well-Known Member

Drawn a blank on these sales, but have been informed that Coin Galleries might have it listed being a part of Stacks in 1969. They had 2 sales that year which are on archive.org and can be eliminated, leaving the Numismatic Review volume 10 nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4-6. Can anyone help? Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted