Spurious Ebay Email

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cdb1950, Jan 16, 2005.

1. cdb1950

cdb1950 Senior Member

Got an email from someone who looks like Ebay saying

Ebay Notice: Possible Account Suspension

It asks me to click on a link to clear up any account problems under threat of account suspension. If you get one of these, DO NOT CLICK THE LINK. It is a fake link and someone is trying to trick you into giving your Ebay account info, ID, and password.

It is web address number 82.103.129.134

Probably out of the U.S. anyway, it is fake. It is a very good fake, too. They are getting better with their english translations. I had to check the address number before I figured it was phony. That, plus the request to go to a specific web site to clear up the problem.

OOPS! Not coin related, but important. Shoulda put it under another category. Sorry.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. crystalk64

crystalk64 Knight of the Coin Table

Forward the email to spoof@ebay.com and they will respond within hours. The email is a fraud, as I have already forwarded the same one to Ebay, so DO NOT go any farther with it. It is the same old attempt to get you to commit private information so they can steal everything you own. Ebay and PayPal WILL NOT send this type of email.

4. The_Cave_Troll

The_Cave_Troll The Coin Troll

I get about 1 of these a week, it's rather frustrating. It got to the point that I wouldn't even read unexpected emails form eBay and I actually reported an authorized eBay email to them as a spoof. They responded that the email was legit, but I'd already deleted it. I think it was a survey or something. lol

Draft saved Draft deleted