Spring Cleaning

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by yakpoo, Mar 21, 2021.

1. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I've been getting rid of junk mail and magazines that have built up over the past couple of years and nearly tossed out an envelope that had these inside. I probably bought them on eBay because they looked interesting and didn't cost much.

Does anyone know what they are? I usually record my purchases, but must have missed these...

R1-Obv.jpeg R1-Rev.jpeg

R2-Obv.jpeg R2-Rev.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ddddd

ddddd Member

The first one is a bond from the Soviet Union and the second is a 1000 Rouble Note from the time of the Revolution (many different ones issued by many actors at that time).

yakpoo likes this.
  4. ddddd

ddddd Member

5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    ddddd likes this.
  6. JPD3

JPD3 Well-Known Member

They remind me of stock certificates. State Credit Note issued by/through the CCCP. upload_2021-3-21_20-34-53.png

yakpoo likes this.
  7. ddddd

ddddd Member

JPD3 and yakpoo like this.
  8. ddddd

ddddd Member

I believe you are correct.

Searching for Baryshev, I found some other notes (like the one below) and the signature seems to match yours.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/100-ROUBLE...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

yakpoo likes this.
  9. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I may have to revisit Russian notes. I see some beautiful notes on eBay for not much.

ddddd likes this.
  10. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I got the 1918 Rubles to Dollars conversion wrong. According to this site, the Rubles to Dollars exchange rate was 31.25 Rubles per Dollar. That means 1000 Rubles in 1918 was worth $32 (USD)...or a little over 1.5 ounces of Gold!

ddddd likes this.
  11. lettow

lettow Senior Member

This is a 20 kopeck note issued for Spitsbergen.

JPD3 and yakpoo like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted