Split the results thread into monthly?

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Moonshine, Feb 13, 2012.

?

Start posting results in a monthly thread?

Poll closed Feb 27, 2012.
  1. Start a new results thread every month.

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Leave it in one huge thread as it is now.

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Now that we have our own playground, should we have a monthly reports thread instead of one mammoth thread?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Personally, I think thats a great idea.

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

I was always a fan of the monthly results thread. Whomever is a moderator can simply lock the original roll searchers thread and sticky it cause that thing doesn't deserve to not have any attention paid to it.

5. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

I like the sound of this. a new thread every month with everyone posting thier monthly totals at the end of each thread. It will make it easy to search for historical data if you want to track trends. :thumb:

As to the other polls, I have not voted as I don't see what I want. I want silver in one tread and pennies in another. that seems to be what has happened already though so I guess I should just vote for keep them together and call it a day? I do want to keep silver all together.

6. SSchus87

SSchus87 New Member

I thought it would be a good idea to have a separate thread for each denomination: Pennies, Nickels, Dimes, Halves, etc... That way, if someone is a fan of a particular type of roll, they won't have to read through the posts that are not relevant to their interests.... JMO...

Thanks---Steve

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

@ lincoln cents

Separate threads for each type of coins per month is way too unwieldy. Why not just identify
    each type in the post by using the advanced editor and "TITLE" such as @Lincoln Cents, @ Buffalo Nickels, @ Franklin Halves, etc. That way a person can tell if it is for them.

8. SSchus87

SSchus87 New Member

You know what works better than I do. I just thought it would make it easy for someone to see how someone has done in a particular denomination without having to read all the unrelated posts...

9. desertgem

In a normal world, that might work, but within 20 posts, I would guarantee that someone would post in the wrong denomination thread and then make a duplicate in the other thread, and 20 people would be asking why duplicate posts, and the moderator would have to spend 15 minutes, merging and deleting duplicate posts. That happens at least once or twice a day. This other might not work either, but at least they are all in the same thread.

10. SSchus87

SSchus87 New Member

Good point. Since coin collectors are far from normal (at least to the rest of the world...) :)

11. Moonshine

Over 100 views and only 12 votes so far?

12. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

Sorry Moon. I have checked back 85 times to keep track of the results. :p

13. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I just voted. I only roll search a small amount compared to most of you guys.

14. desertgem

You realize that a certain member or any member can start the new thread themselves on the first of the month, or even the last day of the soon to be previous month. People will go by the thread title and not the date. And if someone wanted to make separate threads for denominations, they could do that also, but I am still uncertain newbies and certain "excitable members" would seek out the correct thread or just post in the first one they saw. Oh me of little faith :)

15. Moonshine

I generally agree. If we come to an agreement on how we want to report our results we could then have a moderator move misposted\misplaced threads based on the new "rules." Unless you want to read separate threads such as "Found a wheat penny in change today." I just thought being this a brand new forum that we should have some sort of framework on what gets posted where.

Draft saved Draft deleted