spirityoda's Las Vegas Riviera show report + coin pics

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by spirityoda, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Paul M.

Paul M. Well-Known Member

Beautiful coins, all of them! And, yes, I agree, that 5 Marks has the proofiest rims, strike, cameo, and mirror I've ever seen on an UNC. :p

spirityoda likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. harris498

harris498 Accumulator

Nice coins and write-up!

spirityoda likes this.
  4. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

Great selection of coins, especially the Bavaria and German coins. Glad you had a great time.

spirityoda likes this.
  5. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

funny thing is I ran out of money before looking at all the world coins to look at. I could have stayed another 4 hours and still not have seen it all. this was a bigger show for me in Vegas. usually there are only so many tables this one took me quite a while to go around the huge room it was in.

green18 and 49ers like this.
  6. mlov43

mlov43 주화 수집가

I wish I could go someday. I'd love to run out of money before seeing them all... Usually, I leave a coin show with the same amount of money that I had in my pocket when I arrived. The reason being that dealers always "left their foreign stuff at home."

Congrats on your finds. Love the solid designs on the German and Swiss coins.

green18, spirityoda and Paul M. like this.
  7. Jason Hoffpauir

Jason Hoffpauir Avid Coin Collector

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh....i am jelly......the toning got ME!!! Great find

spirityoda likes this.
  8. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

@Jason Hoffpauir hey Jason my girlfriend Jenny just took these outside just now with a much brighter sun today. it is now 2:42pm 1919 20 centavo toned. these show the color much better...
    DSC_3012.JPG
    DSC_3013.JPG
    DSC_3014.JPG
    DSC_3015.JPG
    DSC_3016.JPG
    DSC_3017.JPG DSC_3018.JPG
    DSC_3019.JPG

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    gronnh20, Eng, H8_modern and 3 others like this.
  9. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

10. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Wonderful stuff!

spirityoda likes this.
  11. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

A real sweet lineup Yoda. I hope I do as well at Baltimore tomorrow. Congrats on all your new coins.

Bruce

spirityoda likes this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

thank you. I had the best time. I have never seen so many tables before. It was euphoric for me. lol have fun at the Baltimore show. I look forward to seeing pics of the coins you get from there. :blackalien:

BRandM likes this.
  13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Thanks for sharing your pickups Craig. I really enjoyed the view. That '57 Thaler sticks in my mind. I'm not much into the 'foreigns' but that coin speaks to me. :)

And young Jennifer is quite the picture taker........:)

14. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

thanks. yup that Bavaria thaler was my fav...I like the design and age. and yes Jenny takes great pics with the new D7100 Nikon I bought her and the new Nikon macro lens I bought her.

15. green18

Funny you mention Nikon. I just bought a Nikon D810........Package deal so I'm still waiting for the body and some lenses to arrive. Picked up a Nikkor 105mm and am straining at the bit to try it out. :)

spirityoda likes this.
  16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

those D7100 are expensive! $900.00 just for the body no lens. this model D7100 has tons of features. believe me she researched the one with the best features. she already had 2 other lens from her other Nikon camera for/that used film. and the beauty of Nikon is that any lens will fit any Nikon camera. I just happen to buy her a Macro lens with a 3 year warranty for $375.00 specifically to take pics of my coins. She also takes incredible macro nature pics too. here is a recent pic of a catapillar I liked...
    DSC_2864.JPG
    amazing detail for sure.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
    green18 likes this.
  17. green18

Nikon lenses and bodies tend to be crazy expensive, but they are the best (MHO). :)

spirityoda likes this.
  18. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

sweet coin score SY!

spirityoda likes this.
  19. Zohar444

Zohar444 Member

Excellent report and pickups!

spirityoda likes this.
  20. 49ers

49ers Junior Member

spirityoda likes this.
  21. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

@green18 I would agree with you Nikon cameras and lens rule.

green18 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted