Special plate varieties on dollar banknote?Check it out

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Thecollectible, Nov 7, 2017.

1. The letter O has thorns and extra large dot below his right eye on the man statue which are on obverse side there

Please refer to the scans below and let me knows of what you think later there

IMG_0526.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Ink smear...
    Over inking...

4. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I do not believe it’s a special plate. I can’t think of why the BEP would want a plate with imperfections. Just a little over inkings that happen quite frequently.

5. You are right and then agree there

6. Searcher64

Searcher64 Member

Think about the inking process and the process of the actual plate. What type of printing is it. Intaglio, Right? The printing of the rag is not just printing. It's impressing and printing. The type of the plate is not a flat metal plate. It's inscribed. The plate is inked, then wiped before it's impressed on the rag paper. Now, where is the ink? In the groves of the plate, not on top of the plate, like other plates that transfer the finished print to paper.

7. The front printing has been shirted much lower to bottom on obverse there but for back printing remain exactly on centre which normal on the reverse there printing shifting possible on obverse can anyone notice these Check it out and let me knows what you think by reply then back to you there

Draft saved Draft deleted