Spanish cob

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by 260sundancer, Feb 14, 2016.

1. 260sundancer

260sundancer New Member

Found many coins after north east storm on Long Island this coin looks like a cob any input to being real and value

Attached Files:

Seattlite86 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

Can you give a size and weight of the cob. Looks to be Spanish.

4. Paddy54

Paddy54 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking around 1650's Phillip IV 1 Reale Potosi mint

5. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Nice one! I REALLY do envy those of you living where old stuff is waiting to be found; here in Minnesota the oldest metal might, at most, be about 150 years old.
    And the only new stuff that gets found around here after storms at this time of year is a fresh pile of snow by the front door.
    Steve

Paddy54 likes this.
  6. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Ever heard of the Kensington ruin stone? Legend has it, there were knights templar there. Not to mention all the Vikings

7. Stevearino

Stevearino Well-Known Member

Ever heard of the Kensington ruin stone? Legend has it, there were knights templar there. Not to mention all the Vikings

Have I ever. Been to the Alexandria, MN, Kensington Runestone Museum many times. Read a half dozen books about. Recent research about the "hooked X" leads me to believe that the runestone may be authentic. People get pretty heated about the authenticity, or lack thereof.
    Steve

Paddy54 likes this.
  8. heavycam.monstervam

heavycam.monstervam Outlaw Trucker & Coin Hillbilly

Never been there, but looking at the facts, I believe it to be authentic as well. I'd imagine that particular region gets metal detected all the time but If I lived up there I'd swipe my detector across a few fields(so to speak)

Draft saved Draft deleted