Space Coinage~The Final Frontier

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Eric the Red, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Fun stuff Eric!

The Interkosmos program was an interesting program.

Eric the Red likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

0Thanks, guys. When I was in college, I signed up for Air Force ROTC, thinking I would become a pilot and if health and luck stayed with me, maybe I could become an astronaut. I barely passed the physical for being too tall. (I'm 6'2") I took and passed the written exam. I always wanted to be a pilot, then go on to be a test pilot. However, luck would have it, the Vietnam War ended and pilots were rifted. I was told that if I had signed up, with my degrees in accounting, CPA, MBA, etc. I was told that I would probably end up in finance. I thanked them, and told them, I wanted an office that had a 360 degree visibility. So, what did I do? I went to work in state government as an auditor. I know it isn't as interesting as being a pilot, but you wouldn't believe how many crooked people think they are smarter the a state auditor. Prisons are full of them.
    Back to Apollo 11, I bought all the coins and medals the Mint offered. I got a couple from Canada, but stopped at that. I love the 3 pictures the Mint sold, and so many other things.
    Are other countries still minting any Apollo coins? What would be the best way to find out what is available so I can fill some empty slots?
    Another thought... Have any of you watched Apollo 19? I won't tell you what it is about, but if you want to scare yourself, check it out.

Eric the Red likes this.
  4. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

There was an interesting article in the news about members of the new "Space Force" applying for military discounts and being refused by unbelieving clerks and sales people.

News article from Military.Com:

'Space Force? Is that Real?' Guardians Still Struggling with an Unconvinced Public

https://www.military.com/daily-news...ians-still-struggling-unconvinced-public.html

A Space Force captain traveling with their spouse stood stunned at the Spirit Airlines ticket counter this past October hoping to take advantage of the company's waived baggage fees for active-duty service members. But there was a problem: The Spirit employee didn't believe the Space Force exists.

:)

Skyman and Eric the Red like this.
  5. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. I can totally see that happening. Lol

CoinJockey73 likes this.
  6. Eric the Red

Eric the Red Well-Known Member

I was just reading up on the Interkosmos program fascinating stuff indeed.
    And the badge was kind of cool too

interkosmos_40_2.png 1200px-Interkosmos.svg.png

CoinJockey73 and Skyman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted