Souvenir cards

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by krispy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. RickieB

RickieB Expert Plunger Sniper

Great Cards guy's..what an impressive display of vignettes.

RickieB

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. kathynumismatis

kathynumismatis Heritage Auctions

4. connor1

connor1 Collector

$10 Republic of Hawaii

$10 Republic of Hawaii
    [​IMG]

$10 Hawaiian Islands
    [​IMG]

$5 Republic of Hawaii
    [​IMG]

Paddy54 and SirCharlie like this.
  5. krispy

krispy krispy

A few more Souvenir Cards...

Just received a few more cards to add to the thread, these are directly from Ken Barr and they are gorgeous!

1896 $5 Silver Certificate - Obverse
    ANA 1973

[​IMG]

1897 $10 Silver Certificate - Obverse
    ANA 1974

[​IMG]

1914 $50 Federal Reserve Note - Reverse
    Pacific Northwest Numismatic Association Convention (P.N.N.A.) 1985

[​IMG]

SirCharlie likes this.
  6. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Really nice additions Krispy!

I have these two coming and will post pictures when they arrive.

OBSOLETE LIMITED QUANTITY

TWO INTAGLIO ENGRAVED SOUVENIR CARDS WITH THE SPECIALLY MADE 10th ANNIV SCCS FOLDER PRINTED IN BLUE & GOLD INTAGLIO..
    ISSUED FOR THE 10th ANNIV OF SCCS METRO CHAPTER 4 IN NY ON OCT 24, 2002.

CARD 1: CONSISTS OF 5 ENGRAVINGS PRINTED IN SCARLET INTAGLIO.
    CARD 2: CONSISTS OF 5 ENGRAVINGS PRINTED IN GREEN INTAGLIO.

AS A SPECIAL COMMEMORATIVE FOR THE SCCS 10th ANNIV, THE ENGRAVINGS WERE USED ON METRO CHAPTER CARDS OVER THE PAST 10 YEARS. INTAGLIO PRINTED BY FORMER BEP PLATE PRINTER/SPIDER PRESS PRINTER MIKE BEAN FROM STEEL ENGRAVED PLATES.

LIMITED TO 100 PRINTED.

Attached Files:

7. krispy

krispy krispy

Wow! Those look fantastic! I love all these limited edition prints they put out. I am so glad that they shared their rich archives and that these items are still obtainable on the secondary market. Nice pickups!

8. connor1

connor1 Collector

Beautiful Cards Darryl !

9. connor1

connor1 Collector

Great looking cards Krispy,good idea starting this string,most of us can't ever afford these beautiful notes or vignettes & to have one from an original die is fantastic.

10. connor1

connor1 Collector

Souvenir Card Collecting Society Card 2001
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 20th.Anniversary of the C.C.C.C. 1971-1991
    [​IMG]

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

That aqua green color is amazing !! :)

12. krispy

krispy krispy

And even if some of us could only afford these old notes they might be pretty beat up so the quality of the prints on the Souvenir Cards lets you see all the great details at full scale. The only thing you don't get is the big old treasury seals and serial numbers, but that's okay. I love these cards and what holding them in my own hands can teach me about the history of our currency. :)

13. connor1

connor1 Collector

1918 $2 Federal Reserve Bank note

USS New York Battleship.
    This Battleship saw action during both World Wars and was part of atomic bomb testing in the late 1940s.It was towed 40 miles away from Pearl Harbor in 1946 and sunk .According to historians,once WORLD WAR 2 started ,the "New York guarded Atlantic convoys to Iceland and Scotland when the U-Boat menace was gravest. Later it joined in the invasion of North Africa .The Spirit of the ship lives on .The Battleship New York was the fifth ship to bore the name of the Empire State. Engraved by the BEP and engraver Charles M. Chalmers.Chalmers was a cousin of noted engraver Marcus W. Baldwin,began engraving career with ABNCo in 1922.The Battleship vignette is his only note engraving according to The Engraver's Line by Gene Hessler.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. RickieB

My friend Jeff Smith at Treasured Stocks sent these to me as a Birthday gift along with this $10 NY Star. Jeff is a excellent Paper Money Dealer whom I reccommend and revere.

Enjoy...

RickieB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. connor1

connor1 Collector

What Nice Birthday present surprise $13.50 Odd Denomination Notes,maybe a $3 note would be a good new U.S. FRN !
    Happy Birthday Rick !

16. connor1

connor1 Collector

The ABNCo early attempt to incorporate a hologram into a banknote,test fail the B.E.P. crumple test.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    $10 City of Memphis
    [​IMG]
    $1 City of Baton Rouge
    [​IMG]
    $5 Fort Worth National Bank Note
    [​IMG]

17. RickieB

Connor1.. you have one heck of a fine Card collection!
    Where did you get all of these from?

You should post them all together as a set...:thumb: :thumb:

RickieB

18. krispy

krispy krispy

RickieB: That's a really nice birthday gift! And thanks for the recommendation, I'm checking out Jeff's site. Love that star note too.

Connor1
    : I really like the Statue of Liberty hologram and that two-tone Baton Rouge note/card is really cool too.

19. connor1

connor1 Collector

I collected Souvenir cards & belong to The Souvenir Card Collecting Society for a few years back in the early 1990s.I collected both ABNCo SO Cards & B.E.P. because I loved the vignettes & my budget,back then most cards were under $10.I'll keep putting a few up at a time I have a lot of them (2 Albums).I'm glad you enjoy looking at them I'm re-discovering them also it has been years since I took them out of the closet.
    I have just to many to post as a set but I'll put a few at a time up.
    White Ace makes albums & Pages w/protective sleeves .Ken Barr sells the albums & everything you need to get a collection started.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. connor1

connor1 Collector

Krispy, yes when that souvenir card was printed Holograms were a new counterfeiting deterent now you see them on some Danish currency & other countries are starting to add them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

I had a couple of these, Once upon a time, One of the best
    Of all time the Art work and theme are excellent :)

Draft saved Draft deleted