Southern Rhodesia - post some coins

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Collect89, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I've previously posted some 1 shilling & 2 shilling coins from Southern Rhodesia. This last weekend I was offered a couple bright red examples of the half penny & penny. Both are dated 1951. Here they are:
    So Rhodesia Half Penny Obv.jpg So Rhodesia Half Penny Rev.jpg So Rhodesia 1 Penny Obv.jpg So Rhodesia 1 Penny Rev.jpg

P.S.
    Notice how the reverse of these coins lend themselves to being displayed up-side-down? When the text is right-side-up, the crown is up-side-down.

Ripley, Eng, Derick and 4 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Here's my 2 shilling from Southern Rhodesia.
    Southern Rhodesia 1936 2 Shillings.jpg

Ripley, Eng, Derick and 2 others like this.
  4. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Ripley, Eng, Derick and 1 other person like this.
  5. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:)
    Nice coins the 1951 half penny looks looks like Gem MS65+.
    This area World coins is one area my world coins collection is very limited .but like seeing whateverything posted.

Collect89 likes this.
  6. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

I only have these for Southern Rhodesia, though I have a few other combinations of Rhodesia. Incidentally, I believe the shilling is rather rare, and I found it in a dealer's junk bin. They didn't even know it was silver. Scan.jpg

Ripley, Collect89 and jello like this.
  7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

I am not sure if both are Southern Rhodesia due the coins also having Rhodesia+Nyasaland on Obv??? but here they are.
    1968 -1964 Rhodesia and Nyasaland 3p Obv-Rev.JPG

Ripley, Eng, Derick and 2 others like this.
  8. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

Federated Rhodesia and Nyasaland, and the other is from when Rhodesia unilaterally declared independence haha !

I will post my southern Rhodesia coins soon, I have quite a lot some need an upgrade but others are cool ! I really like the EII issues of 1954 I only need the 2s now !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

9. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

:Dthat area of Africa I only seen thru map and Sat views and history book back 1960's well good but I may have slept thru class. US Army never sent me that far south.

10. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

It's Zimbabwe now and is near the bottom of most types of rankings of the nations, so you really have no reason to go there now either.

11. mark240590

mark240590 Rule Britannia !

Yeah, Mugabe did a good job... I really think the days of Rhodesia were numbered when they uni-laterally declared independence..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

12. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

Hiddendragon likes this.
  13. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

Draft saved Draft deleted