SORRY! 1950 DDR???

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Nov 17, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

A few of you here may roast me for this. Rightfully so. I will take it like a man LOL! Im having fun searching my latest garbage rolls.

This one is REALLY killing me though. I debated this morning in my mind weather to post this or not and then figured, screw it, it still will be a good example either way.

First, the coin is just full of damage of course. This one looked different to me not because of the actually detail but because of how perfectly it matched the Wexlers 1950 DDR. Its the same exact angle, shape and size. The odd ball picture thats all clean and "shiny" looking is the Wexlers below for comparison. Ive never had one match the angles so perfectly...yet I still know that its probably not a true DD-01. I looked on Variety Vista and the pictures dont match but the Wexlers do. The coins too worn to make any real definitive match on the markers but the lettering is spot on.

Any thoughts??? Is it just blind chance that the letters are exactly the same?

IMG_7499.jpg IMG_7500.jpg WEXLERS 1.jpg Snapshot000000.jpg Snapshot000005.jpg Snapshot000004.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MatrixMP-9

4. MatrixMP-9

I see a spread on the left wheat tip too..

Snapshot000006.jpg

5. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

The comparison you gave is for a proof coin. Your coin is not a proof.

tommyc03 and paddyman98 like this.
  6. MatrixMP-9

I couldnt tell. What am I looking for to determine if its a proof? Its the edge right? It will be more squared off looking?

7. MatrixMP-9

School me with this one please.....am I "off" by noticing how closely the letters match (outside the fact of it being a Pr)?

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

To me it looks to be a very nice example of a circulation Wheat Cent.

9. MatrixMP-9

Sometimes I feel like totally giving up. Even when things match, it just doesnt matter. I cant imagine how anyome would ever be able to do this successfully without opinions of experienced players. Reading and comparing pictures just doesnt mean much unless you come across one of the dead obvious ones like a 1955 DDO-1 or something. If I was doing this alone without this sites help, I'd have about 10 coins from over the years I thought from reading were legit DDs

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Have a few more shots of tequila, throw your wife out the door and go to bed with the dog.

Chris:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:

Draft saved Draft deleted