Soooooooo......

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by Crystal500, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

B4AF99DD-AD76-488A-AFB7-DFF13F5A092C.jpeg 01DEE511-7B01-474B-90E9-408A88514159.jpeg Whats this worth?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Welcome to CT!!!:)

In 1982 they changed the composition of the Lincoln Cent. They went from being mostly copper weighing 3.1 grams to mostly Zinc weighing at 2.5 grams. So to make a long story short, the 1982 LMCs have 2 different weights depending on when they were minted...before or after the composition change over.

Your coin is a 1982 P small date copper LMC. It is well circulated and worth 1 Cent imo. It would make a good hole filler for a 1982 P copper Sm date hole in an LMC book.

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Ditto!

Chris

Crystal500 likes this.
  5. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Worth? In that condition?.. 1 Cent

Crystal500 likes this.
  6. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

In a nutshell!

Crystal500 likes this.
  7. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Just worth face value in that condition.

Crystal500 likes this.
  8. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

9. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

On ignore.

Crystal500 likes this.
  10. MontCollector

MontCollector Well-Known Member

Another great example to put in a book. Still worth only face value. This is the 1982D Copper Large date. Now that you have both a large and small date in hand it should be much easier to tell the differences in the future.

Check out this link for some great info on the 1982 Lincoln cents.
    http://www.lincolncentresource.com/smalldates/1982.html

Crystal500 likes this.
  11. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Why? Is it because she posted a second coin or is it because she's wearing a helmet?

Chris

12. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

Lol

13. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

lol

Crystal500 likes this.
  14. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

This is how I LEARN!
    A Yes or a No.
    Lol
    Please excuse my Blonde moments but isnt this why CoinTalk exist? To educate fellow hobbyiest??

15. MeowtheKitty

MeowtheKitty Well-Known Member

Meow welcomes you. Many pet in the wrong direction here. You will learn, but might get a bit ruffled in doing so. Meow has learned a lot from many here. But some not so nice ones step on tail.

Crystal500 likes this.
  16. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

No..... We are here to talk about arthritis remedies and the “good old days”...... No, in all seriousness we do love to help budding numismatists. It presents a challenge to see a common cent on a scale and all we have to go on is, “What’s this worth?”..... What in your mind gives the coin value beyond the value stated on the coin? Are you seeing something that we aren’t seeing perhaps? Or did you watch a YouTube video that told you a 1982 cent was valuable? Give us a clue what’s in your mind and we can help you.

Crystal500 likes this.
  17. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

FC62A3FA-F0FD-41CC-93E3-401EDBCBCA0E.jpeg
    YouTube videos and other articles on this subject. But when your as Green as they come like me its incredibly easy to get confused. So thats why I asked. When in doubt, just ask. None of my friends are into coins like me so I dont know or have a knowledgable human to ask. I dont even have a fb or Insta to post and ask on their either Lol. But I have a cointalk account to help me learn

18. Randy Abercrombie

Well dear... You are absolutely in the right place to learn! Most of us don’t know what FB’s or Insta’s are! But by golly we can tell you plenty about coins. You are in the right place. And I’ll be the first to warn you that YouTube is a wealth of very misleading information. Stay away from them and stick around here.

19. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

Thank You!
    Thats why I had to ask! Lol
    To get Facts. Thats it.
    @Randy Abercrombie im sure you know what Facebook is and Instagram too

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
  20. Randy Abercrombie

I know what Facebook is. That’s about all. And I’ll say this. We had a young lady show up a little more that a year ago. I’ll tag her @Shrews1994 so she will know I’m talking about her. She was as green as anyone when she came on board but she knew she loved coins. She stuck around and tolerated us old curmudgeons with our dry humor and soaked up all she could learn. She is now one of the sharpest people here and has built a remarkable coin collection in that time and has become an avid metal detectorist as well..... I do hope you stick around and become another Shrews. Lord knows, us old guys aren’t much fun to be around.... Whew, is it 8pm already? Yawn..

21. Crystal500

Crystal500 New Member

Hahahaha sounds like its past MY bedtime
    AND who says being “Old” isnt any fun???? I beg to differ....

Randy Abercrombie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted