Sooooo pretty I can't believe someone gave it away.

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by RLGluvcoins, Jul 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. RLGluvcoins

RLGluvcoins Active Member

Was going through my first roll of quarters and found this 2006 Nebraska State quarter it's so pretty I don't even care if it's worth a lot or not I've just I'm just tickled plum pink that I've got plum it may not work or be worth much I haven't looked into it yet I just found it for me right now but when my grandson has children they'll have something to fall back fo even though it was in a coin roll it is beautiful it's just beautiful. Sadly because it was found in a coin roll. It's not perfect anymore but to me it is. Hey @paddyman98 look what I found tonight.:) 15628097928526363730342044890148.jpg 1562809855755262722789759633599.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. happy_collector

happy_collector Well-Known Member

Nice shiny coin. The obverse photo is a bit blur, so I can't make it out if it is an S-mint clad quarter or not. If yes, someone may have broken up a proof set. I recently found an S-mint clad 2013 ATB quarter from vending machine. Really stands out from other quarters in the change. :)

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  4. RLGluvcoins

15628152336953784432525872934637.jpg
    49091.jpeg

R_rabbit and happy_collector like this.
  5. RLGluvcoins

Yes it is an S how do I tell if it's clad?

6. Lehigh96

Lehigh96 Toning Enthusiast

You have an impaired proof coin, it isn’t worth much, but it’s a nice find for CRH.

Pickin and Grinin likes this.
  7. Lehigh96

Look at the edge, if you see a copper layer, it is clad.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  8. RLGluvcoins

Yeah I figured it wasn't worth much at least not now but it's something cool to be passing on when I go to my grandson I'm just putting it out there I'm waiting for Paddyman to see that I finally found something special valuable or not. Giggle

9. RLGluvcoins

I'm not going to take it out of the package right now tonight but I'll look at it tomorrow it's probably a clad I don't care I'm still happy it don't take much anymore to just make me happy to take me out of my daily funk.;)

10. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

Yep, impaired proof and clad.
    Still a real nice find. Glad it found a home.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  11. RLGluvcoins

I don't think it's impaired I mean it would grade above 60

12. RLGluvcoins

Should I say I don't want to think it's impaired proof its my story and I'm sticking to it LOL at least for 24 hours.

13. Lehigh96

It’s possible, but I’m thinking if you found it in a roll that some of the disturbances to the fields apparent in the photos are more than coin to coin contact. That said, I’ve never seen what coin to coin contact looks like on a proof coin so it could be in the PR60-62 range.

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  14. R_rabbit

R_rabbit Well-Known Member

Hi:)

Imho,
    @RLGluvcoins if you want a member to check out a coin. Make sure you put “@“ before the members name like I just did for you:happy:
    That way it will show up in their inbox.

Nice find by the way!

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  15. RLGluvcoins

Thank you yeah I put it into tagged area when I first put it up there I don't think I did at though I just put it in the tag box and wrote his name. Thanks for the info and yeah I don't care if this thing's only worth $0.25 the fact that I found it in a roll of coins it's just so cool for me sadly enough it's the highlight of my year so far. In every aspect but I'll take it better than nothing right :)

R_rabbit likes this.
  16. R_rabbit

R_rabbit Well-Known Member

:)
    Imho, hey!! The years not over yet! Don’t give up!

“ life’s like a box of chocolate coins , you never know what you’re going to get “!;)

happy_collector and RLGluvcoins like this.
  17. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Yep, that's definitely a proof! "Impaired" just means it's acquired some marks -- yours got them from circulation, but other things can happen to a proof to mark it up. Good find!

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  18. RLGluvcoins

Ha ha ha, that's right. I don't plan on going quietly so I don't plan on going this year either LOL and I'm not afraid to tell the Lord that I'm a stubborn B lol

R_rabbit likes this.
  19. RLGluvcoins

Usually it's just high hopes more than I mean not thinking that it it was only a 60 I mean it probably is but for 24 hours I refuse to believe it LOL

20. Pickin and Grinin

Pickin and Grinin Well-Known Member

@Lehigh96 has a point. What we are seeing could be a worn proof die. But the odds are that it is circulated, and that means impaired . But, if you hide this coin away for the time. It may tone and hide any evidence that it was once impaired. Thus is the fun of collecting, and the fun we have with photos.

Cool find!

RLGluvcoins likes this.
  21. RLGluvcoins

Heck if nothing else I've only been with the old man for 28 years I'm not done harassing him yet LOL and my grandsons just now turning 12 and hitting puberty boy I ain't even begun to have fun with him yet Giggle, wait till his first date. Bahaaahaaaha

Draft saved Draft deleted