Soooo does anybody know what happened to furryfrog02?

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Ryro, May 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Xenforo will sell a copy of the program and get a URL to set up your own forum for ( according to their user forum ) for about $2000 a year. Of course it will take a lot of financial and personal time and computer expertise to support such especially if you offer it for free..

There are many "Ancients" , "Errors and varieties" , "Bullion and get rich", and "General Coins" online that one might find more suitable to their desires.

This is the only one I know that has a special welcome for new collectors and very young collectors and many of our long term members jump in to make them comfortable and enthused and welcome and safe. That is why I put in most of my free time here. Every member is considered equal but responsible here by the moderators, and new members will be dealt with the same actions as the long term members. This forum doesn't sell influence like several commercial sites. IMO! , Jim

Marsyas Mike and Carl Wilmont like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

John,

I do hope that you don’t leave. You are one of a handful of folks whose contribution and friendship make this forum worth participating in. If all, or even most, of this group leaves there will be little reason for me to contribute anymore either.

...............................​

I am bummed about FF. I will miss him. I hope in the future regular ancient forum members will just stop engaging in arguments and just report stuff they think is inappropriate. It’s a lesson I will need to keep reminding myself of as well. There is simply no functional benefit to discussing non-coin related topics on here no matter how right you are or think you are. Even when I agree with a point of view that doesn’t mean I want to see it hashed out here in a disruptive argument when the whole thing can go away at the press of a button. My guess is most feel the same way.

4. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

I recall seeing a confederate flag as an avatar some time ago but assumed they were banned or forced to change it. Are you saying CT is still letting some creep use one of the most openly racist and hostile symbols next to the swastika openly as their avatar?
    If so, I'm regretting the years I've paid to support this place.

5. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

I've been a lurker for a couple of months, seems as though this particular venue is being dragged down the drain along with reality, civility and peaceful coexistence by the divisive fringe from both recognized political spectrums. I've noticed the same with other forums not just here. Sad, but true.

wamutoken.jpg

Just like WaMu....

6. Ryro

Aww man. It's been brought to my attention that CT not only did NOT ban the racist, they have let them keep that anti American, pro slavery image as their avatar.
    For shame.
    All of the content I've supplied this joint, likes I've received, featured articles and they are hypocrites.
    I will no longer pay my yearly fee and am looking for a different place to spend my time. If any have recommendations I'd appreciate it.
    I have so many friends on here it really breaks my heart to say. If you're a friend that doesn't have my info please PM so we can stay in touch.

And did an egotistical mod just dare a group of intellectuals to try to build a better site on our own and actually supply alternatives. What is wrong with you???
    I've sat on the sidelines as this thread should have died some time ago, but all the moderns trolls that CT keeps around keep sharing their negative opinions, including this mod.

7. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

@Ryro should see what is going on in some other discussion forums. Not just here.

CoinCorgi likes this.
  8. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

Yup. And no matter how much the mods stand on their heads to excuse allowing it, there is no valid excuse, and the pretense of neutral moderation doesn't wash.

9. Herodotus

Herodotus Well-Known Member

I concur... preferably if they can be dated to the year, or at the least, the reign.

Therefore, Roman Republic(post-211 AD) and subsequent Imperial issues are much easier to properly order.

However...

My OCD pings hard when I have a Greek coin dated in a range IE. (350-300 BC) -- or the more obscure attribution tag: "late 4th century BC" -- and another coin whose date the first overlaps, IE. (336-323 BC). How do I know definitively which coin was minted earlier?

Of course even with Roman coins, some questions can still arise.

A couple that instantly come to mind:

Do restoration/restitution issues belong along with the lifetime issues of the figurehead being represented, or do they belong with the ruler that minted them?

How does this chronology order apply to different denominations if one stores/displays their coins loose in trays? While (once again) R.R. and Imperial Roman coins make this a little easier to do -- For example, denarii with denarii, asses with asses etc.

What about Greek coins? Are they to also be ordered by metal type as well?
    Is it aesthetically pleasing to the eye to have a tray with 1 3/8ths"(35mm) spaces to house a trihemiobol, next to a tetradrachm, next to an obol, next to a hemidrachm, next to a stater, next to a litra, next to another tetradrachm, next to a siglos, next to a tetartemorion?

Can you start to see the conundrum here?

Does each region also get its own trays? Is it kosh to mix AE Roman Provincials with AE Autonomous city-issues?

How does one's showpieces get ordered? -- The handful of coins that one might bring out to show a casual layperson some of their collection w/out scaring them off by hauling out stacks and stacks and stack of trays to accommodate for all of this various sorting, and then having to find all of their proper homes again when it's time to put them away?

My head is starting to hurt now.:inpain:

10. Al Kowsky

Al Kowsky Well-Known Member

I dropped my financial support this year because I didn't like the direction this website was going ;). I've made a lot of friends on CT & will continue to post threads as long as I'm allowed.

11. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

I don't think the user that argued with FF2 still has that avatar.

12. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

You’d be wrong Corgi

CoinCorgi and Ryro like this.
  13. Ryro

Not only do they but one of their last posts is in support of selling Russian coins!:punch:
    And another shows them berating another CTer!!!
    Screenshot_20220520-165551_Chrome.jpg

Keep it classy CT.

DonnaML and CoinCorgi like this.
  14. Ryro

That trash argues with a 20 + year Untied States veteran and CT bans the VET!?!?!

15. CoinCorgi

Thanks for the correction guys! I was led to believe that the user that argued with FF2 was not the user shown in your screenshot.

16. The Meat man

The Meat man Well-Known Member

I know this is a passionate subject, and I'm not saying who's right and who's wrong. But could we at least please move this discussion somewhere else?

17. CoinCorgi

Below is a screenshot from the discussion I linked to in post #6 of this thread.

I was going off of what @-jeffB said, which is that the user's avatar was a political figure and that it had been sanitized. Someone else told me the user was someone other than the user shown in Ryro's screenshot. I won't repeat that user's name because clearly the facts aren't clear (to me at least). I welcome substantiated clarification!!!

upload_2022-5-20_16-10-23.png

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  18. CoinCorgi

There is an option to "Ignore Thread". I use it quite often...very helpful to keep the feed of new posts/threads etc. as neat as possible.

sand, DonnaML and The Meat man like this.
  19. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Sadly he decided to go off on a profile picture he didn’t like, throwing political hate over a mere profile photo he did not agree with (a token).

I enjoyed him here too, and we’ve chatted and exchanged a number of times before, but that day it was wholly out of line with CoinTalk rules. We ALL should put our differences aside when dealing with our hobby, I’ve done it, most of us have, but FF fell short this time.

He sees profile images he doesn’t like, and freaks out disproportionately. Not the first time. Whether I share his belief on these images or not, it’s the rules. Some people have to learn the rules the hard way it seems.

This doesn’t mean I wouldn’t vouch for FFs credibility as a collector and swap partner. Merely, I just think we’ve all said some things when we should have just :muted:

Last edited: May 20, 2022
  20. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

The guy is gone........rhetoric unremarkable......sad to say, we must move on.

21. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

I believe that the guy with whom Furryfrog had the fatal argument was a different guy -- a new member with an avatar depicting a certain politician, and the conspiracy group tagline. The avatar and tagline are gone, but the member remains. For all I know FlagMan was involved in the argument too, but he was not the primary person. It will be interesting to see if your new avatar gets removed, while his continues to be permitted.

scottishmoney and Volodya like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.