Sometimes it's the little things...

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by JBGood, Dec 29, 2016.

1. JBGood

JBGood Collector of coinage Supporter

I've been spending time cleaning up my files and making sure I've got photos of everything. It's good for me to get back in touch with coins that aren't flashy and BIG. I re-shot this Follis of Constantine I, which didn't cost a lot of money and I will admit, my enthusiasm with this later period isn't all that high. But look at all the detail (and stuff) on the reverse of this coin.
    Constantine I AE Follis RIH5.jpg

You can see little Victory's wings (she looks like Tinkerbell) and the eagle with his wreath. Some of the legends are bunged up but it's a great little coin.

Constantine I AE Follis. 22 mm, 3.3 grams, Siscia 313-315 AD
    IMP CONSTANTINVS AVG, laureate bust right
    IOVI CONSERVATORI, Jupiter standing left with Victory on globe, sceptre and eagle at foot with wreath, gamma in right field
    RIC 7

So post any coin that you have become "reacquainted with lately" that you love

stevex6, Hispanicus, Okidoki and 16 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

20161223_114607 (2).jpg 2015-01-07 01.08.12-19.jpg I have had this Tiberius As for quite a while I bought cheaply as very messy surfaces but with good detail underneath so my reacquaintance with this coin was to have a go at cleaning it. This is what it looked like prior to cleaning. View attachment 569242 And this is about as far as I would like to go, as careful not to go to bare metal, my main aim was to get the ugly green deposits around the altar removed. View attachment 569247 20161223_114654.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  4. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

Thats a nice one.

I actually had just pulled this one out to get a better shot :)
    jc8134.jpg

stevex6, Ajax, Bing and 6 others like this.
  5. Ancient Aussie

Ancient Aussie Well-Known Member

Julius Caesar, did you get it for a good price?

Draft saved Draft deleted