Something I didn't know about CAC

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by C-B-D, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Insider

Insider Talent on loan from...

physics-fan3.14, posted: "While I have read the website, and followed the debate online for years, [You certainly have done your research :bookworm: and the fact that you have actually read the website before spouting off opinions is admirable and adds weight :cigar: to your posts]. I would be absolutely interested in a conversation with JA. [I assure you that if you call CAC, and ask to speak to JA when he as time because you are writing the second edition of your grading book ;) and wish to only have correct info on CAC you'll get a call back!]I have formed an opinion of CAC based on what I've seen, and what it's effect has been on the market. This may or may not be what JA intended. I feel like, from what I've seen, I have a basic :wacky::jawdrop:understanding of CAC - which may differ significantly from the official propaganda. :rolleyes: The stuff put out online is dubious. [That may be approaching libel but you are too small a fish to bother with. I suggest you post a few of these so-called lies for all of us to discuss so you can CYA and we can vouch for you and your opinion.] I think a really good, heart-to-heart conversation with the premier grader of all time would go a long way to understanding why he's done this. There are a lot of questions I would ask.

I might be convinced.... and I may disagree with him. All I have to go on now is what I've seen."

CAC has possibly resulted in some unintended consequences. Many of these result from ignorant folks who know nothing about the coin market, coin grading, CAC and the specific coins they comment on. For example, if a coin does not have a bean, why? Coins with a bean are worth more. Anything w/o a bean is not solid for the grade, etc.

It has become so bad that recent CAC adds state: CAC DOES NOT ADD VALUE!

I'll await your examples of DUBIOUS CAC advertising.

BTW If I had my way, there would be no grading services, only authentication services. If you wanted a grading opinion from the authenticators, it would come on a PEEL-OFF sticker...:smuggrin::jawdrop::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:REALLY! :p That way the TPGS could cut staff by 70% and hardly ever see modern coins. :troll::D

green18 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
Draft saved Draft deleted