Some silver nickels & then…

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by Heavymetal, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Heavymetal

Heavymetal Well-Known Member

IMG_0869.jpeg IMG_0868.jpeg Picked up $20 in nickels while getting some cash for the weekend at Key Bank. About half of the rolls were sorted by date, a good sign! Almost through them out popped 3 silvers. And then my reward

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Heavymetal

4. Heavymetal

5. medoraman

medoraman Supporter! Supporter

Looks like someone put a collection into rolls to me. I have had it happen as well. Once I got a couple of rolls of halves and they were all Franklins of different date/mms.

NOS, Inspector43, green18 and 2 others like this.
  6. Heavymetal

The 39D is my second CRH. All the Jeffs from 40 to 53 are there except 50D. They are all circulated and were some collector’s book fillers. I’m gonna fill a book with them just for grins. None will improve my Jefferson album

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
  7. Sharkbait46737

Sharkbait46737 Well-Known Member

8. Kevin Mader

Kevin Mader Fellow Coin Enthusiast Supporter

Terrific timing!! Well done!!

9. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

10. Barney McRae

Barney McRae Supporter! Supporter

When I was a kid, I had a bank account at a Savings and Loan. I might have had 25 dollars in deposit, but the manager knew my dad and therefore me. I collected smalls in coins then, and once a month I would go in and get 10 bucks worth of pennies and nickels in rolls. I think he recognized me, and had them give me some old rolls from the back of the vault. I got a treasure trove of steel pennies and silver nickels. I have no idea what I did with them as I got older and forgot about coin collecting until I got older. Makes me sad, wish I could go back in time and buy a couple grand of rolls to treasure hunt through.

davdo and -jeffB like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted