Some raw Walkers, your opinion on grade?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by ksparrow, Nov 3, 2018.

1. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

I recently bought a group of 4 MS Walkers from a dealer I know for a fair price. I am curious as to what members here might think about the grades. I can say that they are all undipped, with full rolling luster. I'll post some photos with observations that might help you interpret them. First up is a 43d:
    This is probably the nicest of the group; I can't find any marks of note on it. Strike is good, too. That's a die crack across the wingtips on the right side.
    raw 43d obv.jpg raw 43d rev.jpg
    Next is a 44P; there are some marks on the outstretched arm, and a small mark in the right field.

raw 44 obv.jpg raw 44 rev.jpg
    Now we have a 45S; strike isn't too bad. reed mark in right obv. field.The obv. image looks sort of harsh, in hand it has satiny luster.
    raw 45s obv.jpg raw 45s rev.jpg
    The final coin in the group is a 47P. There is a small vertical mark above IGWT and a reed mark below it. Otherwise pretty clean.
    raw 47 obv.jpg raw 47 rev.jpg
    thanks for looking and I appreciate your opinions!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Legoman1

Legoman1 Active Member

Fantastic purchases! According to your images, all the coins definitely deserve their corresponding grades. Nice details and luster.

4. TheFinn

TheFinn Well-Known Member

Look like nice MS63 & MS64 coins. Good purchase if the price was in-line with average sales, and it was something you wanted to buy - not just because the price seemed right.

5. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

bumping this thread, in case anyone else would like to offer opinions, thanks.

Draft saved Draft deleted