Some of my recent pickups

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

There's been a lot of sharing of expensive, rare gold coins on the forum lately, but I'm here to show you what I picked up slumming in the value bins and the unsorted piles at my LCS. I didn't have a lot of silver this time but I got a lot of nice condition more modern base metal issues. Here's a few of the more interesting things I got. The two Gothic florins I got for the silver value and I think that was a good buy. The 1901 Straits Settlements 1/4 cent is also an unusual find that I got for almost nothing. The two 1916 German military coins are an interest area for me and probably nicer than the ones I had before. 1830 guernsey 1 double.jpg 1868 britain florin.jpg 1872 britain florin.jpg 1901 straits settlements quarter cent.jpg 1916 german poland 2 kopeks.jpg 1916 german poland 3 kopeks.jpg 1934 peru 1 sol.jpg 1964 greece 30 drachmai.jpg 1966 portugal 20 escudos.jpg 1982 egypt 1 pound.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Ive got a few later versions for Gurnsey currency. Notably 8 Doubles from the 1860s and 1890s.
    Though no major value here (unless the florins were in better condition) I like the post - lots of varied history.

Draft saved Draft deleted