Some nice bank finds today.

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by gbroke, Nov 1, 2012.

1. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I stopped by my bank today. Of course I always ask the tellers if they have any Ikes or kennedys.
    After she handed over the halves she had, I glanced over at her coin tray. Usually it's loaded with presidential dollars.
    I then saw a large amount of what appeared to be SBA's. I normally wouldn't even take them except the one on the end was blasting luster with some nice gold toning going on. So I took them all.

Looks like someone decided to turn in their sba collection. All years except '81 with the different mints.
    Here are a few examples. Some of them appear to be MS. Although I am not for sure on that. The luster on some are booming. Of course they have been man handled and have fingerprints. Whatever, it's all good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-greg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I love your pictures. That first one is amazing. Almost makes me like the design.

4. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

I really found a new appreciation for coins when I started taking pictures of them. :)
    Although no matter how many pictures I take of a Franklin, it just doesn't make it any better.

5. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Ugly coins design wise as usual but I would have done the same thing. I have gotten some in vending machine change, even 1999 dated and I just keep them. All are mark free too.

Nice score.

6. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Agreed, except the reverse design is nice. I guess I'm partial to it since I like Ike dollars.

Makes me wonder:

Have any other U.S. coins for circulation shared the same reverse between denominations?
    Am I forgetting any obvious ones?

[​IMG]

7. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

As crazy as it sounds. Something about these coins always struck a cord with me. I have been thinking about putting together a nice set for some time. Great finds!

8. gbroke

gbroke Naturally Toned

Nothing crazy about that at all. I mean, I like the Jefferson nickel series after all.

9. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I have been considering a Ike/SBA set. I don't care for the "gold dollars" but I think a nice MS set from 1971-1999 sounds like fun.

10. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Gold $2.50 and $5 eagles.
    Barber 25 and 50 cent
    Seated dime and barber dime

Draft saved Draft deleted