Some Lincolns & a Jefferson from a 1955 Mint Set

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Skyman, May 25, 2016.

1. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

Last summer I was in the mood for picking up some Mint Sets, ending up with the D mint card of a 1956 Mint Set, as well as complete 1955 and 1958 Mint Sets. For the most part I bought the sets for their silver coins. Here are some Lincolns and a Jefferson from the 1955 set. The images are by Bob Campbell, and I think he did an excellent job.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Paddy54, green18, NSP and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

As always he does..........I've got a '55 set that I bought at a local show last year. The Philly coins are the best in the bunch, followed by Denver and then SanFran......the SanFran dimes need a bit of a soak in acetone.

Your 5 cent piece is most interesting.......when I look at the coin head on, I see a mostly 'white' piece, but when I tilt the screen a bit I see the subtle hues of color. Lovely indeed. :)

4. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

As Lincoln's go, I like the 55-S the best. It's a shame that there isn't a "No Step" Jeff attribution.

Chris

5. Skyman

Skyman Well-Known Member

:woot: If there was, a LOT of my Jeffersons would have attributions.

The 1955 & 1958 P Jeffersons seemed to be very late die state, while the D Jeffersons seemed to have fairly good (but still not full) step definitions. I didn't post the 1955 D mint Jeffersons here because IMO they are fairly blah coins.

Draft saved Draft deleted