Some communist Cuban and Vietnamese currency

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Sallent, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Hey fellas. I'm an ancient coin collector, but I do have some commie currency that I will be shipping off to another ancient collector as a gift because he also collects currency. I got these for free over 20 years ago, and it's just been collecting dust in a box in my closet. So before I gift anything away, here are some pictures of the gift package I'm sending out to my fellow collector.

Cuban currency signed by Che Guevara and two rare 1975 $1 Peso bill that was recalled from circulation and most destroyed due to printing error.

Rare Cuban Currency.jpg Che signature.jpg

Early 1980's 100 Dong note (these were made around 1981-1984 and discontinued

100 Dongs Front.jpg 100 Dong Rear.jpg

And some German states currency from the 1920's

German currency.jpg

I may even send him some Eastern block currency I also have, dating to the 50's through 80's, from Russia, Czechoslovakia, Poland, Romania, etc., as well as Chinese currency from the 1950's.

I haven't put the whole package together yet, so I don't know exactly everything I'll be sending him, but hopefully you'll be seeing tons of old commie currency and some German/European currency here from him when he receives my box of goodies. I hope he shares whatever it is I end up sending with you guys...because this is just the tip of the iceberg. I literally have tons of this stuff.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Jwt708 and paddyman98 like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

Are you guys doing a trade or are you just being generous? From the images the German notes look the most interesting.

4. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

It's sort of both. He said he is sending me an ancient cast Indian coin, but to be honest, what I'm sending him is worth many times the coin he is sending me. It is simply a fact that I have let this stuff sit for two decades and it's never interested me, and I don't have the time to sink into Ebay to sell all the stuff I have (which I got for free anyway). So I'd rather it all go to a good home to someone who will actually appreciate this stuff rather than let it just sit there in a box for decades without really caring much for it.

5. Jwt708

Jwt708 Well-Known Member

That's really decent of you!

Sallent likes this.
  6. rooman9

rooman9 Lovin Shiny Things

Those German ones the from the 20's are always interesting. There is such a variety

7. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Ditto ! the German stuff is awesome

Draft saved Draft deleted