Some Circulation Finds

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by slamster17, Dec 16, 2010.

1. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

For some reason all of my circulation finds have come from the same place. I was out to eat at Applebee's last night, and I paid with card and took my friends cash, and I found like 10 bills that were keepers...

Two consecutive 2006 $5 notes in very crisp condition IE 58119448 A and 9449

Just because it is old... 1988 series $1 G 29715025 A

Just because I haven't seen one before a series 2001 $1 C 30436972 D

Wanted to ask about this one...is it a partial repeater???
    2003 A series $1 D 38396069 C

And then this was fun too....almost 4 notes consecutive...I'm missing like 3!
    All 2009 series $1 notes
    L 77885951 F
    L 77885952 F
    L 77885954 F
    L 77885998 F

I'm missing 53! I wonder where the rest are! What do you think? I've never gotten so many potential finds at one time before.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SteveInTampa

SteveInTampa Always Learning

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but I don't see any significant reason to keep ANY of these notes.

4. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

There isn't...I just like consecutive notes, and anything that was made before I was born. I also don't get to do any kind of searching very often

5. krispy

krispy krispy

Sorry but these all appear to be spenders to me too. Collect what you like, not just what a book says is noteworthy or valuable. :thumb:

6. krispy

krispy krispy

Maybe you can take these into a bank and ask the teller if you can exchange your notes for any old notes they have in their discard or damaged pile of notes. You might find some older notes you haven't seen before doing this. Try to save up some money and use that as a base to do future stack searches.

7. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

I also thought it was cool and kind of funny to get 4 from one range of serials, 3 close together and 1 40 numbers away..

Yea, I plan on getting back into searching soon! 1 more final exam tomorrow and I am free until January! I have been itching to ask at a bank to search their "reject" pile or to get a strap of singles or $2s again. It's such a killer watching the forum and seeing everyone else's finds and not being able to search for much.

8. krispy

krispy krispy

That happens often enough. Someone posted consecutive finds that came out of a Self Checkout register in a store recently. I've gotten them from cashiers at the grocery store, bank and bank atms when they have fresh straps open or filling their drawers. You can also ask at your bank if they can sell you any fresh straps, just need to have the money to buy them that way, so save up and keep searching!

9. jlg1130

jlg1130 New Member

Of the notes listed, only the series 1988 $1 note would appeal to me, personally (depending on condition) purely based on age. As for the others, I have to agree with the previous responses.

But if you like them, that's all that matters. I know I have a few notes in my collection, that I'm sure most others in the hobby wouldn't take a second look at.

Good luck in your searching! :D

10. krispy

krispy krispy

$1 Series of 1988 SN: G 29715025 A
    416,400,000 printed
    $7 ChCU

The value is a "guide book" price for a note with a grade of ChCU and may not reflect actual market prices. This value is the one assigned in The Official Red Book - A Guide Book of United States Paper Money, 2nd Edition by Friedberg.

11. slamster17

slamster17 Junior Member

It's circulated, definitely been around the block, but its not too bad. I think this is the 3rd or 4th '88 not I've found, I think one was a star.

Draft saved Draft deleted