Some circiulation finds!

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by silentnviolent, Sep 20, 2012.

1. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've posted, but I've remained on the hunt. Here's a quick snap of the most recent haul. I went back to being a CNA and as such have been working A LOT, and my 2 year old son managed to teach himself to open Microsoft Paint on my computer, as well as go on Nickjr.com and play games, so there is stiff competition for the computer! ;) And the pickups have a good story to go along, but alas, the 6 month old is demanding to have her first bite of baby food sweet peas. So, story time and closer photos later! :) Sorry!

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. silentnviolent

Ok, so first of all, my son hid my wallet in the dirty clothes hamper. So I had to cash my paycheck with a teller I know personally. I found a girl I went to high school with, and the deal was done. Then, as an afterthought, I said, "I know you guys all pick out the silver coins so I can never find any. What about old paper money? Some of you save that too or what?"

She says, "Yeah I pick it out, but I don't save it. I set it aside for people like you!"

:D So I say, "I'll take all ya got!" (Generally unwise to declare loudly at the bank, to a teller.... :eek: )

She pulls out $330 face in tens and twenties! Awesome!

But I needed money for bills, so.... I pulled a side job for the extra cash :thumb: Anyone who knows me knows that if they need a building moved, raised and levelled, etc. I'm the guy, so another guy and I worked for four hours to move a 12'X16'X15' shed.... that had been previously cut in half :dismay: but it was easy money.

Now I'm sitting on the stack, unsure what to do. Does anyone have printing figures for these notes?

The quarter in the photo looks like someone just cut it out of a mint set. The Canadian cent... looked like a possible strike through, but once I saw it next to another of the same year I decided it was nothing and I wouldn't waste peoples' time with it :)

First here are the $10's (4) series 1950B, (3) series 1950C

Attached Files:

4. silentnviolent

Here are a 1963A and a 1969A $20 note.

Attached Files:

5. silentnviolent

Here are a really nice series 1969 and (2) series 1950D $20 notes. Please note the lower note of the two 1950D series has four 7's in the S# as well as the four more in the corners :)

Attached Files:

6. silentnviolent

Here are two series 1950C notes. The top one looks to be a minor offset print error. Followed by two series 1950B notes.

Attached Files:

7. silentnviolent

Here are two nicer series 1950B notes. The top one is another minor offset printing, and look at that S#! So close! Followed by a series 1950 note.

Attached Files:

8. silentnviolent

Last but not least, here are a series 1934B note, and a beautiful 1969D quarter. Thanks for looking, and if anyone can point me to the printing figs. for these series' please do so. Have a good day! :)

Attached Files:

9. thecoin

thecoin New Member

wow! great haul

10. willhurst01

willhurst01 Active Member

love that 69 d quarter :thumb:

11. thecoin

thecoin New Member

same here!

12. thecoin

thecoin New Member

is it me or does the quarter look doubled

13. willhurst01

willhurst01 Active Member

it looks like machine doubling though i dont think there is any varietys for that year

14. silentnviolent

yes there is some strike/machine doubling going on. The only thing in the CPG is two different RPM's, and I think it may be one, but not too sure.

Here's a closeup:

Attached Files:

15. silentnviolent

I was just informed of a gun/coin show near me tomorrow. I will bring what I don't want to keep there and see what is offered. Now for the hard part: What To Keep? Hhhmmmm, horsetrading perhaps?

Draft saved Draft deleted