Solidus shipment

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by tartanhill, Apr 28, 2020.

1. tartanhill

tartanhill Well-Known Member

I won a lot of five coins in Solidus's last auction and asked about the current shipping situation. Here is their response:

Dear customer,

thank you very much for your payment of our auction 57.

Unfortunately Deutsche Post does not ship letters to the US due to the
    COVID 19 crisis. We check daily wether the situation changes but at the
    moment we don't have a possibility to ship your coins. We hope it will
    be possible soon.

Thank you very much in advance for your patience and stay save in these
    uncertain times.

All understandable and I have no problem waiting. It's really what I expected when I bid.

Pellinore likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hamilcar Barca

Hamilcar Barca Well-Known Member

I won a book at the same auction and received this message as well. I haven't been presented with an invoice yet. After young Hannibal recited his daily message of hatred of Rome, I discussed the virtue of patience.

Justin Lee and Pellinore like this.
  4. shanxi

shanxi Well-Known Member

Letters (documents) are still possible.

What is not possible now is the cheap "goods mail" and little parcels. I read elsewhere that the reason is, that the free space in "passenger flights" is usually filled with postal mailings, and since there are hardly any airplanes flying at the moment, this has been dropped.

From DHL (Auto-Translated with www.DeepL.com)

USA:
    Transport capacities to the United States of America are currently reduced considerably, so that the dispatch of letters and parcels can only be maintained under special measures.

The dispatch of letters weighing up to 500 g and with a maximum thickness of 2 cm (document dispatch) to the USA is still possible

The dispatch of goods mail and small parcels to the USA is no longer offered until further notice

For private customers: Since 01.04.2020, parcels can only be sent to the USA in combination with the Premium service until further notice

For business customers / contract customers: DHL Paket International shipments can be sent until further notice. Please note that we charge an international crisis surcharge of EUR 16 for each parcel.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  5. tartanhill

tartanhill Well-Known Member

I hadn't received an invoice either, so I contacted them requesting one. They said they had sent it, but it was no where to be found. They sent "another" one. You may want to contact them about an invoice. Joana was very helpful. Also, paying through TransferWise , which is an option they offer, was very simple and cheap with a very good exchange rate.

Hamilcar Barca likes this.
  6. Hamilcar Barca

Hamilcar Barca Well-Known Member

Thanks tartanhill!

7. robinjojo

robinjojo Well-Known Member

I recently received a shipment from Germany, but it was through DHL.

8. shanxi

shanxi Well-Known Member

DHL and "Deutsche Post" are the same company.

Draft saved Draft deleted