Solicitation for grade opinions on a raw 1932 S Washington

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Aug 27, 2015.

1. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Seller says BU UNC...i say AU55-58. AU nonetheless...Aside from the dings on his forehead and cheek, I see friction and flatness in all the right places on the bust of Washington...leading hairline on the wig form top to bottom, flatness and friction in the curls around the ear and even luster break in the ear lobe.

Reverse looks to be a bit better and could net a higher AU I think, but looking for other opinions.

1932S.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

agreed, 58

phankins11 likes this.
  4. NSP

NSP Well-Known Member

I'd say AU+ as well because of that curl by his ear. A pretty coin nonetheless despite the dings.

phankins11 likes this.
  5. Kirkuleez

Kirkuleez 80 proof

Classic AU-58 slider. Nice original look though.

6. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

Here's the sad thing about it...my pic was cropped from this pic...if this coin was being stored in this little coin envelope, I'd be willing to be that a BU UNC 1932 S was placed and stored in this envelope and over the years, taking it out, putting it back in...moving it around is what caused the friction.

32envelop.jpg

Jaelus and McBlzr like this.
  7. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

AU58 with good eye appeal. Nice coin. The ding on the forehead is a little distracting though.

phankins11 likes this.
  8. medoraman

medoraman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dislike the ding more than a touch of rub. Without the ding it might have gotten a 62 grade nowadays. Strict grading would be AU, but that is not stopping TPGs nowadays.

Kirkuleez, Jaelus and phankins11 like this.
  9. Jaelus

Jaelus The Hungarian Antiquarian Supporter

Spot on.

10. physics-fan3.14

physics-fan3.14 You got any more of them.... prooflikes?

If the price is commensurate with the ding on the forehead and the weak strike, that looks like an attractive slider.

phankins11 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted