So who's buying the new Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by UncleScroge, Nov 6, 2019.

1. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Johndoe2000$

Johndoe2000$ Well-Known Member

4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I'm not sure I understand. Do you mean that the TV coin shows themselves buy up items from eBay auctions, driving up prices?

5. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

scalpers and price gougers

6. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I had a thought after reading 14 pages of hype. In 2016, the mint offered a gold dime. They were all sold out, but they said something like Not Available, so I went to the button for Remind Me and a couple of days latter I was told they were available. I signed on and got my gold dime. It is a beautiful coin. I don't slab any coins I buy from the mint, so it's still in it's original case. I was also able to get the gold quarter and gold half dollar to complete the set. Some time we get the hawk and sometimes the hawk gets up. I am not so frenzy crazy at 72 that I gotta have a coin cost $60 at the mint and then $1,000 from the thieves on TV. Anyway, I wish all the best.

7. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Yes. When they're buying, price doesn't matter. It's been a few years but we IDed once by ship to which was Buteo Prtners.

Watchcount buyer history would then reveal for example 1 eBay buyer buying hundreds of sets / coins, mostly Buy it nows at prices all over the map.

So back when we, meaning my coin guys, used to play, we'd always when practical and mostly for fun find the pattern. My boys have long since all died, and I no longer play. But we had great fun.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  8. Joe98

Joe98 New Member

How much should someone flip a coin with signed coa?

9. TypeCoin971793

TypeCoin971793 Just a random guy on the internet

Up to $1000 on eBay

This is ridiculous

10. -jeffB

BINs $1050-1200, and an auction closed at $1225. When are we going to start running low on "greater fools"?

11. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Same old stuff. Now buyers are fools. People buy all sorts of things. Ford, Porsche, both are cars but now one is a fool. Good grief. Last I checked we live in the greatest country in the World.

12. -jeffB

For those who aren't familiar with the term, and mistook it for a personal attack:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_fool_theory

Sure, maybe all the folks bidding these up past $1000 just want one of their very own, and want it enough to spend that money. I don't think that's the main driver, though.

13. CoinCorgi

CoinCorgi Tell your dog I said hi!

so...a circle jerk of flippers, price gougers and scalpers?

14. wxcoin

15. -jeffB

Please. The preferred term is "speculators".

When I hear "flipper", I still think of a poor, helpless beached dolphin, its mouth full of OGP 2014 Kennedy gold half-dollars...

GoldFinger1969 and CoinCorgi like this.
  16. wxcoin

17. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

18. Casman

Casman Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2019-11-21-13-17-19-1-1.png Speculators, Flipper's, Dealer's, come one come all...

19. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

20. -jeffB

Well, what do you know? Not only do they exist, but someone outside a TPG actually opened one!

GoldFinger1969, jwitten and NSP like this.
  21. Yankee42

Yankee42 Well-Known Member

I’m not a huge slab fan. Plus the package had tape on it so I wanted to make sure it was actually in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted