So who's buying the new Enhanced Reverse Proof ASE?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by UncleScroge, Nov 6, 2019.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Bloody devil......what order number have you? PM me (conversation) if you're uncomfortable posting it in this thread. I'd like to see where I stand on the pecking order of shipping. :) Mine is still processing.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

Mine is in 'SHIPPED' status as of Sunday midday.

Just one. No flaming my good luck please.

Edit: standard shipping

JCKTJK and green18 like this.
  4. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

More like $750 this evening...

5. UncleScroge

UncleScroge Well-Known Member

Order # USM07209049.

green18 and Don P like this.
  6. -jeffB

People generally don't post their full order numbers here. I'm not sure it allows a stranger to get tracking info and follow your package, but it's generally considered a privacy issue.

My order number was 0719(something), went to "Shipped" around 12:30 Thursday, and was supposed to arrive Friday (according to UPS), but they didn't get the package to UPS in time. It should arrive today.

Don P likes this.
  7. UncleScroge

Not too concerned, I googled it and nothing comes up. I checked it at usmint.gov and without logging in, nothing comes up about tracking it.

8. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

You can check the status at the mint website without logging on. If someone has your email address and order # they can access the status of that particular sale.

Caveat emptor ;)

9. UncleScroge

You're right. I hope no one has my email. I guess the mint doesn't know about privacy.

10. robec

robec Junior Member

My order, 07203xxx, didn't go to "Shipped" until Sunday morning.

11. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Mine aren't shipped,
    although I never ordered any. So ... guess I'll wait aftermarket when they return to sale price a few years from now.

12. jwitten

jwitten Well-Known Member

Gonna be waiting a while... these won't be back at issue price, ever

baseball21 likes this.
  13. Clawcoins

Clawcoins Damaging Coins Daily

Then I guess I won't be owning it, ever.

JCKTJK and jwitten like this.
  14. -jeffB

There's always the option of waiting for them to show up at pawn shops, which will "overprice" them at $50-100 each, same as the other proof ASEs. You know it'll happen, regardless of what these do in the actual market over time.

jwitten likes this.
  15. johnmilton

johnmilton Well-Known Member

No interest. This stuff is nothing but collector flypaper and a flipper's paradise.

I hear that the mintage is 30,000. There is nothing rare about that. An extrememly large number of 19th coins have a survival amount that far lower than that.

16. calradix

calradix New Member

im keeping mine closed for grading. Crossing fingers its one of the 100 coins.

17. GoldFinger1969

GoldFinger1969 Well-Known Member

That's hard to believe....pawn shops just selling them for a slight premium to silver content ?

Wow......:wideyed:

Pawn shop and the owner would both have to be pretty dumb not to recognize the value. In an age of Ebay, even tougher to believe.

But I guess anything is possible.

18. -jeffB

I doubt it'll happen today, or this year. But pawn shop employees are busy, and they can't specialize in everything that comes in the door. At the one I used to frequent, at least one employee said he checked Morgans for CC mint marks before pricing them, but they put out a dozen or so worn ones at the worn-Morgan price ($22 or so) that included an 1895-O. They won't miss on bullion value, but they will miss key dates.

And as for the owner, well, that owner might be the purchaser, or an heir, or someone who came into the coin through some, ahem, less formal means...

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  19. -jeffB

The ones listed at $800 are starting to go for full asking price now. At $650 or $700, they last 5 minutes or less. The bubble isn't popping yet...

GoldFinger1969 and jwitten like this.
  20. -jeffB

Good golly, somebody just bought two in one transaction at $999 each. :eek: :facepalm:

GoldFinger1969 likes this.
  21. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Thanks guys.......I just got an email that mine has shipped. In actuality it hasn't shipped, but the paper work has been sent to the F'ers. In another day or so I can check the shipper web site and get the approximate arrival date.

robec and jwitten like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted