So, who wants one...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Duke Kavanaugh, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ikandiggit

ikandiggit Currency Error Collector

American ingenuity!

4. oval_man

oval_man Elliptical member

For $33, I'm curious about the profit in these, given manufacturing and handling costs. They'd have to be hollowed out on a lathe or milling machine, right? I wonder if a large quantity were sent overseas to be tooled.

5. Luke1988

Luke1988 New Member

I would think they would feel light and anyone that handled them would notice something odd? Unless the rim is filled with a little lead to give it the weight of a normal coin.

6. jallengomez

jallengomez Cessna 152 Jockey

Duke-

If you can now point me in the direction of where to get the microchip I might be interested in one. :D

7. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

the nickel looks pretty cool, as a low value coin it would not get the attention of a ASE, now if they could put a tracking device in it that would be a pretty sweet way for police to track stolen coin albums, just stick it in a blank spot in your nickle album, theif grabs all your goodies and gets busted by a nickel leading the cops right to the location of your albums.

8. playin4funami

playin4funami Junior Member

Walmart has those chips along with the converter plug to put them into your computer or phone so you can access them. I've got 3 or 4 floating around my desk right now.

9. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

lol it's not a micro chip it's Micro SC cards. They fit in camera's and stuff.
    I'll get looking for a microchip though ;)

10. Pilkenton

Pilkenton almost uncirculated

They gave me one of those when I passed double-nought spy school.

Draft saved Draft deleted