Sneak preview of coming cherrypicking attractions

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by lordmarcovan, Feb 21, 2018.

1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Who knows when I'll get around to this box. There's several pounds here. I've got a small album full of somewhat better singles to attribute and price out for eventual resale, first.

I saw a few silver pieces in here (British India and Iran). But not very many. Of course you don't expect to see much silver in bulk accumulations like this. Note the very slick 1797 British "Cartwheel" penny. Also the "CircCam" 1870-OM Spanish 5-centimos piece with the seated lady on it. (That one might need to go to @Lunchbox John.)

@Beena David - I tried to find you some Italian Victor Emanuel coins- the well-worn 5- and 10-centesimi pieces from the middle- and late-1800s tend to lurk in these lots- but it turns out most of the bigger copper and bronze pieces of that era I saw here when I spilled this out on the counter were French Napoleon III 5- and 10-centime pieces. Mostly low grade, as they are usually encountered.

There's plenty of 1800s stuff in here. I'd say this lot has some potential- whenever I get around to it. It is as yet completely unpicked by me and was said to also be totally unpicked by @Aethelred, from whom I acquired most if not all of the source sacks.

Going through lots like this used to be one of my favorite things to do. Now I find my attention drawn elsewhere, but it's still fun to pluck through boxes of stuff like this when I can find the time.

20180221_050203.jpg 20180221_050312.jpg 20180221_050343.jpg 20180221_050437.jpg 20180221_050518.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Looks like a US Nickel snuck in there!
    Capture+_2018-02-21-06-03-40.png

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Yep. An oldie, too, from the looks of it. Reverse mintmark, there. Pretty nasty scratch, too.

paddyman98 and ldhair like this.
  5. Dave Waterstraat

Dave Waterstraat Well-Known Member

Just don't stash it away in that briefcase or was it a suitcase? :rolleyes::)

Draft saved Draft deleted