Sneak Peek on My book

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by Colby J., Dec 6, 2019.

1. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Just as information to those continuing to provide feedback to the OP. It appears that he has been banned.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

He did and that's when he did somewhat better. But he is out of the publishing business now. Too much work with little dividend. He now teaches English and creative writing.

4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

But why? I didn't see any rule-breaking conduct. He tried to advertise a book, people criticized it, he generally took it in stride, and now banned? Am I missing something?

Deacon Ray likes this.
  5. Suarez

Suarez Well-Known Member

Add me to the list of the concerned. Censorship sucks.

Rasiel

Nicholas Molinari and DCCR like this.
  6. Deacon Ray

Deacon Ray Artist & Historian Supporter

He may have attempted to open a second CoinTalk account (Shill account) for whatever reason.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    Alegandron and Roman Collector like this.
  7. Nicholas Molinari

Nicholas Molinari Well-Known Member

I had a feeling he was a troll--is that the reason?

TIF, Roman Collector and Curtisimo like this.
  8. Curtisimo

Curtisimo the Great(ish)

Either he was a troll or possibly he just broke too many rules. He had already admitted to having multiple CT accounts, he got called out for posting copyrighted material, he continually bragged about being involved in illegal metal detecting (whether the laws make sense or not) etc. etc.

I do not think it has anything to do with censorship. Even if he wasn’t a troll it is hard to argue with the mods decision here. If he wasn’t the troll and was just a misguided young collector I hope he continues to learn and meets all his goals.

9. Bing

Bing Illegitimi non carborundum Supporter

I suppose it's good that our members called this guy out, but I have to admit I was more than a little embarrassed for him. It seemed to me that he was just trying to fit in and choose a topic about which he had little knowledge.

10. arnoldoe

arnoldoe Well-Known Member

It’s based on how many posts you have..

11. Alegandron

Alegandron "ΤΩΙ ΚΡΑΤΙΣΤΩΙ..." ΜΕΓΑΣ ΑΛΕΞΑΝΔΡΟΣ, June 323 BCE

12. Ryro

Ryro Trying to remove supporter status

Alegandron likes this.
  13. Sallent

Sallent Live long and prosper

Truth be told when I first posted here I probably sounded like a bit of a troll, asking about an eBay coin I had just massively overpaid for and trying to justify it despite the polite posts trying to tell me otherwise. Sometimes uninformed newbies might sound a bit trollish with their lack of knowledge and lack of experience with the rules and the personalities of a new forum. I'm not convinced he was a troll, just stubborn, a bit unsure about what he wanted to do (sell it or provide it free of charge), and and way over this head with the topic of the book (he clearly lacked knowledge and experience needed to accomplish it).

Writing a book about ancient coins is no easy feat. Heck, I've owned 27 Gordian III coins and I don't even have the experience necessary to even write an essay about his coinage. You'd need to study at least 1000+ of his coins just to write a competent book on the subject.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  14. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Good point on trolls. Some are obvious when they start insulting people for saying that their acid-dissolved Zincoln isn't worth a million bucks. (U DNT KNO WAT U TALK ABUT!! I STUDIE COIN FOR DECADES)

Some are more advanced trolls who use good grammer and writing but have otherwise trollish tendencies

15. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

The reason one can't have multiple accounts is mainly it is against the rules one agrees to in joining. Sometimes they are used to dodge paying their bills or responsibilities, or giving themselves likes, applying best answers to up their image, or some are mentally ill and know all is a giant conspiracy against them, or to hype something they are involved or extract money from.....I could go on.....

ZAP!

Draft saved Draft deleted