Smaller coins with kittens?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Dougmeister, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Dougmeister

Dougmeister Well-Known Member

I showed a picture of the 2001 Isle of Man coin with these kittens on it to my daughter and she really liked it:

[​IMG]

An auction on eBay lists it at 38.6mm in diameter. I was wondering if anyone knew of any cat/kitten coins that are smaller in size?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. doug444

doug444 STAMPS and POSTCARDS too!

Browse "cats on coins" in Google Images. There's quite a few, but most appeared to be 1 ounce silver (or gold).

4. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

Here is mine. A man with a cat.

Attached Files:

• 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      102.1 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      89.2 KB
      Views:
    stevex6 likes this.
  5. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

That's cool. How much do they cost?

6. KoinJester

KoinJester Well-Known Member

7. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

8. doug444

Keep in mind there are literally 100+ times as many cats and kittens on STAMPS as there are on coins, and the average cost is well under 10 cents each; every country in the world has issued a "set" of cat stamps at one time or another, some have issued multiple sets. Same for dogs, horses, fish, etc. They are great sellers.

stevex6 likes this.
  9. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Atta-boy, Doug ... never say die, eh?

Just jokes, stamp friend .... I love stamps!! (to me, they are in the same dojo as paper-money => it is far more delicate than those clunky ol' coins!!)

... my sweet 91 year ol Dad recently gave me his loving ol' stamp collection (it makes me smile ... I can just see my ol man patiently laying-out his book design and carefully attaching the stamp-hinges to each of his stamps (yah, who knew that would wreck their value, eh?) ... *whatev*

=> stamps rock!!

IMG_3898.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.jpg IMG_3902.jpg IMG_3903.jpg IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG IMG_3907.JPG

10. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Arrrrggghhhh ... sorry dude, I did it again ...

=> yah, there probably aren't too many kittens in those photos!! (my bad)

... occasionally I get sucked-in to a topic and then I throw-up a bunch of "stuff" ... I will try to find some more actual coin-stuff associated with your kitten-thread (my bad, as per usual)

Cheers

11. doug444

12. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

Thanks doug444, it is always awesome to meet a stamp collector ...

Yah, I have those babies in a knapsack, standing the correct way, in one of my closets ... hey, you're definitely correct that there is significant value in a few of those sweet stamps ... they're absolutely awesome!!

=> even more valuable to me is the fact that I have a time-capsule of my awesome Dad (these stamps will "never" be sold by me!!)

... yah, it is awesome when I talk to Dad about his stamps => he basically treats these old winners as if they're worth f-all ... he was merely randomly collecting stamps in the years prior to when he was asked to go into the WWII Air Force (yah, I guess that whole thingy kinda stopped his stamp collecting) ... go figure, eh?

=> yup, Dad rocks!!

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted