Small Victory Over Covid Today!

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by furryfrog02, Mar 25, 2021.

1. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I received my second Moderna Covid shot today. I purchased these 2 Victory coins a few days ago and they arrived just a bit ago.
    I couldn't think of a better day to get them!
    I am now "fully vaccinated" (until some variant comes and ruins all of that) and as of this moment, do not have a craving for brains. Nor am I growing any extra appendages. It's still early though :p

Let's see some of your Victories. Coins or otherwise. :)

Gallienus, Sole Reign
    AE Antoninianus
    Rome
    260-268 AD
    Obverse: GALLIENVS AVG, radiate head right
    Reverse: VICTORIA AET, Victory standing left, holding wreath and palm. In left field: Z retrograde
    Gallenius.png

Diocletian
    Antoninanus
    285 AD
    Obverse: IMP C C VAL DIOCLETIANVS P F AVG, Bust of Diocletian, radiate, draped, right
    Reverse: VICTORIA AVG, Victory standing left holding up a wreath and palm "A" to left
    Diocletian.png

Suck it Covid!
    IMG-1101.JPG

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

Good job! Wife our daughter and I get our second one next Wednesday the 31st.

4. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

That's an excellent way to celebrate any victory if you ask me @furryfrog02. Here's a winged victory from my own collection that's seen extensive circulation. However, I have the distinct feeling that your arm will probably be sore before too long.

Nero AS Combined.jpg

Nero
    AE As
    65 A.D.
    Obverse: NERO CLAVD CAESAR AVG GER P M TR P IMP P P, laureate head right.
    Reverse: S-C, Victory flying left with shield inscribed SPQR.
    Rome
    Diameter: 26.0 mm
    Weight: 9.16g
    RIC 314, Sear 1976

Parthicus, Bayern, ominus1 and 11 others like this.
  5. Cucumbor

Cucumbor Well-Known Member

Good job FF
    I've got my second shot (Pfizer) a month ago. People around me look like they're thinking I'm still normal (well, sort of)

0030-0210.jpg

Q

Parthicus, Bayern, Kurisu and 19 others like this.
  6. furryfrog02

Good to know you are able to keep the craving for human flesh under wraps ;)
    Beautiful coin too!

Kurisu, Restitutor and +VGO.DVCKS like this.
  7. furryfrog02

After the first shot, all I had was a bit of arm pain. Not worse than any other shot. Hopefully the 2nd stays that way.
    That is a good looking Nero. Love a coin with some honest circulation wear. Even better when it features Victory ;)

8. ValiantKnight

ValiantKnight Well-Known Member

I’ll be getting my first shot in a couple of weeks when vaccinations here in Florida are opened to 18 and older (I’m 29).

Parthicus, Kurisu, PlanoSteve and 3 others like this.
  9. ancient coin hunter

ancient coin hunter 3rd Century Usurper

Congrats. My age group is supposed to be opening up as of April 1st. Here in California we are behind many states with the distribution of the vaccine.

Three Victories, in chronological order:

sevalex3.jpg

sevalex4.jpg

pupienus3.jpg pupienus2.jpg

phillip1.jpg

phillip2.jpg

Parthicus, Kurisu, Seated J and 16 others like this.
  10. Justin Lee

Justin Lee I learn by doing

Congrats, FF, for both these highlights! I'm not special enough to start getting a shot yet, though I'm on a list. My wife being a teacher got her 2nd one a couple weeks ago, so I'm glad she's safe. But I'm just working at home now so pretty low exposure in general.

In your honor, here are a couple of my fave Victories!
    collagemaker_20190925_185005259.jpg incollage_20200729_195929124.jpg

Parthicus, Kurisu, Seated J and 17 others like this.
  11. cmezner

cmezner do ut des Supporter

After the first shot I was feeling fine, just a bit sore in the arm.

Two weeks ago, in the morning, I had my second shot (Moderna). Goodness gracious, I was just about to leave for the gym and I felt I was fainting, couldn't walk or stand up, crawled into the bed, had cold shivers and couldn't eat anything at all for 24 hours. Never felt so bad in my life.
    Second day was better and on the third day I was back to "normalcy" :)
    Good to know there are only two shots and that it is over.

Honest circulation wear? like this coin, that's how I felt:
    upload_2021-3-25_17-11-1.png upload_2021-3-25_17-11-10.png

12. robinjojo

robinjojo Well-Known Member

To mark this auspicious occasion, here's a Trajan Decius double sestertius, VICTORIA AVG reverse:

D-Camera Trajan Decius, double sestertius, 249-51 AD, Victory, 31.3 g, . 10-16-20.jpg

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    Parthicus, Kurisu, Seated J and 16 others like this.
  13. furryfrog02

Great coins so far!
    Even greater to see that so many CTers have either received their shot or are in line to get it.
    Keep up the great work!

14. Numiser

Numiser Well-Known Member

How about a Victory song?

Parthicus, Dynoking, Kurisu and 5 others like this.
  15. :jawdrop:
    Those are really cool, my final shot is April 11th. Not looking forward to it even though I know its needed those needles are to long for my liking:jawdrop::nailbiting::nurse:

Parthicus, Kurisu, PlanoSteve and 2 others like this.
  16. furryfrog02

I've been shot up with so many things in my 19 years in the Navy that needles don't bother me at all.
    Right as we were standing in line ready to go in the building, the ambulance rolled up with sirens blaring and lights flashing. They jumped out and got the stretcher ready when the corpsman came out and said they weren't needed. Someone just passed out from seeing the needle. Not the shot itself :p
    Still didn't instill confidence in those of us waiting to get ours haha.
    IMG-1094.JPG

Parthicus, Dynoking, Volodya and 9 others like this.
  17. :wideyed: :hilarious:if I was in line and seen that i wouldn't care why they were there id be like ya I'm good I'll wait for another way to protect myself or just stay in my house for the rest of my life :chicken::doctor:

Kurisu, eddiespin, robinjojo and 2 others like this.
  18. DonnaML

DonnaML Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I had my second Pfizer shot on Feb. 19, so more than a month ago. Nothing more than a sore arm either time (although from people I know, it seems to hold generally true that younger people tend to have stronger reactions, especially to the second shot, than old folks like me). And I haven't turned into an alligator yet, despite Jair Bolsanaro's predictions. Nor am I getting instructions from a computer chip in my bloodstream.

Some of my winged Nikes/Victories, to mark the occasion:

Naevius Balbus and Ti. Claudius Nero, one with Victory in a triga and the other with Victory in a biga. Successive Crawford numbers (382 and 383).

2 COINS Naevius Balbus & Ti. Claudius Nero (COMBINED VERTICALLY).jpg

Septimius Severus:

Septimius Severus - Victory.jpg
    Elagabalus:

Elagabalus - Alexandria tetradrachm - Nike on reverse - jpg version.jpg

Constantine I/Constantinopolis

1001-CONSTANTINOPOLIS Constantine I jpg version - RCV IV 16469.jpg

BJBII, Parthicus, Dynoking and 17 others like this.
  19. +VGO.DVCKS

+VGO.DVCKS Well-Known Member

...It's like, after (serious pause) "donating" plasma in the '80's (thank you, before HIV scared me off), needles don't get to be an issue. Thing to be scared of isn't about the length of the needle; it's about the size of the hole at the end of it.

Kurisu and Megan Sprinkles like this.
  20. +VGO.DVCKS

+VGO.DVCKS Well-Known Member

@DonnaML, thank you for your valued perspective! And for more resonantly cool coins.

Kurisu and DonnaML like this.
  21. I'm not one to scare easy, I used to not care much about getting shots or anything. Wasnt until I was pregnant with my oldest son that my issue with needles started, they poked me with to many within one doctor's appointment i think. But if I dont see the needle then I'm fine :facepalm::rolleyes::D

Bayern, Kurisu, DonnaML and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted