Small estate pick up

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by BuffaloHunter, May 12, 2019.

1. BuffaloHunter

BuffaloHunter Short of a full herd Supporter

All of my relatives know that I'm into coins so anytime something comes up that they have questions on, I'm typically involved. My uncle was executor to an estate that had these coins. He asked if I'd have a look at them and do an appraisal. The estate liked the dollar figure that I came up with and sold them to me. Care to have a guess at what I paid? Does anyone else here run into this kind of arrangement from time to time?

IMG_1144.jpeg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

I really like it when someone gets a nice pickup. I always have had fun doing that. Im thinking you paid $125.00 for this lot.

BuffaloHunter likes this.
  4. derkerlegand

derkerlegand Well-Known Member

ooh, oooh, I'll guess $150?[​IMG]

5. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

600, that one is gold correct?

6. BuffaloHunter

Negative, no gold in this lot. The Statue of Liberty coins are the dollar and half set and then a half on its own.

Autoturf likes this.
  7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

So, how much did you pay for everything?

Chris

8. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Nice mix or common coins.
    I'd say $180, you were being generous and too much.

Some day I'll have to look at a guys collection and estimate make an offer on.
    I bought a rear differential for a triumph spitfire from this guy for a project I was working on....he had it sitting 20 years and he got it for nothing.

I ended up paying 1/2 of what he was asking and traded him rear differentials....so I pretty much know what I'd be in for looking at his collection.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  9. BuffaloHunter

The melt value currently on the silver itself is $150. I wouldn't sleep if I didn't even offer melt on the silver! All the coins (and silver certs) are common. I paid $175 for this lot. I plan on holding it until silver comes up in price and then I'll let it go. I also thought I'd let a few of the pieces go being a donor in one of @lordmarcovan monthly contests. What out of this pile would get all y'all to put your name in the hat for that?

10. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

I’ve only been around long enough for two contests. I don’t need extra incentive to enter, however, to answer your question, I think a nice prize lot would contain one of each denomination, maybe a year set if possible. If we were buds and you offered one piece, I’d probably choose a bill but would search your pennies first and then the JFK’s, but, that’s just me. Oh heck, anything from this lot for me would be a good day, lol.

11. Bambam8778

Bambam8778 Well-Known Member

Nice pick up! I do like it when things come your way such as this did for you!

12. Autoturf

Autoturf Well-Known Member

Don't melt the silver certificates,, I could use one. lol that would be a good one.

13. Mainebill

Mainebill Bethany Danielle

I was going to guess either that or $185 after looking at the lot

Draft saved Draft deleted