Small change in eBay report-listing tool?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Apr 27, 2019.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

I just reported a fake 1909-S VDB (die chip on left wheat ear, etc.), and the form provided a text box for me to describe the issue.

When Report Listing first became available, you could always make a text entry. Later, though, they took away that box for many categories, including the category for unmarked replica coins. Now, it's back.

I doubt this means anything significant, but if they change this detail, maybe they'll change other things, too -- like actually reading the reports, instead of dumping them straight to the bit-bucket. Hey, I can wish...

tommyc03 and Kentucky like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Yup, I noticed this when I made my latest report on the incarnation of no az ark or whatever.

4. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Back when they had a specific link for reporting fake coins they had a text box that allowed up to 10K characters for describing the problem.

5. masterswimmer

masterswimmer A Caretaker, can't take it with me

I'm posturing that the elimination of the 10k character description is a direct result of the lot of us using the box for what we thought was the intended purpose. To report, in detail, the facts supporting our claim of 'fake coin'. I'm guilty of this ultimately backfiring tactic myself.

When the person on the receiving end of what I can probably refer to as a supporting diatribe begins to read what we've written, they are probably hearing exactly what Charlie Brown heard when his teacher would talk, wah wah wah wah wah..... They probably thought our ramblings (although supportive and likely correct) was a cure for insomnia.

And that went on for 10,000 characters! My guess is that we have ourselves to blame for that administrative change.

Draft saved Draft deleted