WTB: Small British Silver + Anything Close to Melt

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by RTScott1978, Feb 13, 2017.

1. RTScott1978

RTScott1978 UK/Commonwealth Collector

Hello all,

I'm posting here today in search of some British Silver for a project of mine. When my son was born in 2011, the idea came to me to make him a mobile of plush toys and small silver British pieces, nothing larger than a sixpence. And it was a hit! He loved the shine and the sound of the tiny coins clicking against each other even more than the soft little animals, people, and shapes.

Now, in just about a month and a half, I'll have another little one and plan on doing the same for him/her - this time we're keeping it a surprise.

So, might any one have some smaller British silver pieces available for purchase? Fair warning, all these little coins will be drilled and strung up, so by no means do they have to be high grade. In fact, I think I'll probably even harshly clean them so they catch the light better for the baby.

Also, I'm always looking to add to my own silver pile, so if anyone has anything they'd be willing to let go close to melt, I'd be glad to buy some for myself as well.

Thanks for taking a look and please let me know if you have any smaller British Silver up for grabs, or just any random silver you'd be willing to let go of close to melt.

Thanks!