Small am 1996d

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by edward austin, Nov 25, 2019.

1. edward austin

edward austin New Member

Was hoping someone could help me with this I believe it's a 1995d small am Screenshot_20191125-053514~3.png Screenshot_20191125-052345.png Screenshot_20191125-053514~3.png Screenshot_20191125-052345.png

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a "small AM" before....Where did you hear about this "variety"?

For what it's worth, your coin looks normal.

SmokinJoe and Heavymetal like this.
  4. edward austin

edward austin New Member

It's a 1996d

5. FoundinTN

FoundinTN Big AM

6. furryfrog02

7. edward austin

edward austin New Member

Screenshot_20191125-060843~2.png OK thank you sure looked like the small one

8. furryfrog02

You need to go back to whatever source you are using and delete it. It's garbage.
    If you are looking for Wide AM vs Close AM, 1996 is not one of the years that you should be looking at.
    Use this instead:
    http://www.lincolncentresource.com/wideams.html

Clawcoins likes this.
  9. Mark A Williams

Mark A Williams Active Member

Many different dies are used never heard of a wide or close AM for this year. Keep searching.

10. FoundinTN

FoundinTN Big AM

I think there's 1 example in total

11. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

WAM = wide AM. CAM= Close AM. Not sure where you got the small and large? Also, you should always post FuLL IMAGE photos, cropped and properly orientated obverse and reverse and then close up of areas you are asking about. From your photo, no one can tell what the date is.

edward austin likes this.
  12. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I hate trying to interpret anything on any zinc coin new or worn. I love looking for details and mysteries but the zincolns always let me down. I used to know the WAM and CAM years by heart but its since faded. Theres a simple term we use in medicine that you hear alot and its when a person "presents symptoms"....I always think of zinc coins. If a patient presents coughing, congestion, fever, stomach issues it doesnt mean they have Malaria. Its probably just a cold because Malaria would be super rare and odd. Blistering and common zinc penny qualities often look like or mimic errors and varieties and to the inexperienced eye, its really hard to tell the difference. So much so that I tend to ignore them unless the "symptoms" are super blatant and smack me in the face when looking at it.

13. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

No there isn't.

14. FoundinTN

FoundinTN Big AM

No? My b,was thinking 96,the post says 96 but the coin is a 95,I'm lost,cheers

Attached Files:

15. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

My understanding is that Billy Crawford claimed to have had one in hand, but claimed it was stolen. No one else ever saw it so there's no proof it exists.

16. edward austin

edward austin New Member

thank you for the help I will get a better picture up

17. edward austin

edward austin New Member

Thank you for trying to help me out

18. enamel7

enamel7 Junior Member

You don't need better pics. Your coin is normal.

paddyman98 likes this.
  19. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

It's a Wide am, the normal one. A close am is almost touching. Not sure of the date as you didn't show it. The post headline states 1996-D but then you stated in your opening post it's a 1995-D.
    But then you also stated it's a close.

20. FoundinTN

FoundinTN Big AM

Big AM

21. James D Harper

James D Harper New Member

1992 and 1992-D is close AM to be a error varity. 1996, 1999 you nee wide A M to be varity if its close AM. if your 1996 is close AM then the die punch is correct and is not a error varity

Draft saved Draft deleted