Slumming in new eBay BIN listings...

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by -jeffB, Aug 29, 2021.

1. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

...and came across an active fake seller:

1994 Morgan silver dollar Very Fine 90%Silver Nice Coin Looks Great.

That's 1894, of course, Philadelphia. And "Great" isn't on the list of terms I'd use to describe it.

Oh, but look at what else "she" has been selling since her "husband passed":

1795 Liberty $10 Coin uncertified Selling on Very Fine Condition

"Looks gold, but not sure, so I'll sell it for $40. Just like the other one I sold today. Buy now at this new low price -- the two I sold yesterday went for $50 and $80!"

"Her" completed listings are good for a chuckle. She's moving lots of 1893-CC double eagles. And eight $50 Pan-Pacs -- I thought there were only seven, but one listing was for two of them. For $80.

GH#75, MIGuy, Hiwatt and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Hey, there's a sucker born every day ! :hilarious:

spirityoda likes this.
  4. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

1795 gold coin no longer available

GH#75 likes this.
  5. Hiwatt

Hiwatt Coffee break

I looked at "her" recent sold listings. 40 or so more fakes released into the wild. There are only 3 unique feedbacks received as a seller and one of them even says the coin they received was fake, yet still people buy.

6. -jeffB

But good news! "She's" listed another Pan-Pac $50, another $3 gold, another 1893-CC $20. Buy and flip enough of those, and I'm sure you'd be able to afford the next 1795 that comes up!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  7. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

Fantastic, lol. A 1915 S Panama-Pacific $50 for 100 bucks.

The buyer gave a postive review. :banghead:
    I think some of these people are doing it on purpose, as a way to transfer money in a less suspicious way. Not saying this seller is doing that, but I feel like there is some fraud of that type.

AdamL and Hiwatt like this.
  8. Evan Saltis

Evan Saltis OWNER - EBS Numis LLC Supporter

If this story is true, it's sad. Both for her losing her husband, but also that if this really is her husbands lifetime accumulation of coins, he threw IMMENSE amounts of cash right into the firepit. Screen Shot 2021-08-29 at 2.22.05 PM.png

9. Rushmore

Rushmore Coin Addict

I should buy one just to see.

10. -jeffB

I don't think there's one chance in a thousand that's true, partly because these fakes are being listed at around one one-thousandth the price of a legit coin. If the seller had the slightest thought that they might be actual gold, they wouldn't be listed at a tiny fraction of melt. Also, I can see a gullible collector buying one fake 1893-CC double eagle or Pan-Pac $50, but buying them by the dozen?

GH#75, MIGuy, AdamL and 1 other person like this.
  11. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted