Slow news day on the forum, for you viewing pleasure, CRH rim cud quarters.

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by John Burgess, Aug 7, 2020.

1. John Burgess

John Burgess Well-Known Member

first up, 2018 Voyaguers
    IMG_2019-08-28_20-26-26-1-ccfopt-1_1596821460751.jpg IMG_2019-08-28_20-27-51-1-ccfopt-1_1596821460552.jpg
    Next Up, 2016 Harper's Ferry
    IMG_2019-10-06_00-34-35-ccfopt_1596821489052.jpg IMG_2019-10-06_00-34-45-ccfopt_1596821489172.jpg

I do what I can with what I got for pictures, it's a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I'm no professional.
    I found a couple of each of these roll hunting last year.
    If yall got any rim cuds, post them up! thanks!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Nice Rim Cuds.. Thanks for sharing!

Inspector43 likes this.
  4. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

I wonder why that location seems to be prone to rim cuds. Here are a few that I found what feels like a decade ago but was in fact only 26 February of this year...
    26FEB20 2018P Cumberland Island Rim CUDs.jpg

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

Nice rim cuds, on all of them.

Inspector43 likes this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

The Mint employee who was stationed at this particular press went over to spot check the coins being dumped into the collection bin. He noticed several coins that showed this die break along the rim, so he casually returned to his post to stop the coining operation. By that time 14,000 coins had been processed. ;);););)

furryfrog02 and Inspector43 like this.
  7. John Burgess

all look like the same placement, are they all 5 of the same reverse design too?

I think the 3-6 o clock area is more prone due to a specific machine at the Philly mint, maybe slightly uneven facial pressure or something with the hammer and anvil dies on one press. This has occurred in that area since state quarters, but it was on the reverse in the same clock position area back then. I think they changed which die was the hammer die when they did the state parks series vs the state quarters series., just a speculation of course.

furryfrog02 and Inspector43 like this.
  8. furryfrog02

Whoops, yeah they are all Cumberland Islands.

John Burgess likes this.
  9. John Burgess

Good to know. I'll keep my eyes out for it!

10. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Supporter! Supporter

Crikey, quintuplets!

11. furryfrog02

I ended up finding ~10 of them.

12. Mountain Man

Holy moly. I guess some of those 14,000 coins stayed together for being rolled. Nice.

13. furryfrog02

It was a full box of Cumberland so it's kinda cool because you can see a bit of the progression. I probably missed a few so there are still some out there :p

14. Mountain Man

I'll keep a look out for them, but being in the boon docks, we still use the old two-bit coins. LOL

15. furryfrog02

At least you can still get coins. Things are getting harry here in suburbia. Went to Target today and they have two lanes, one for paying by credit/debit and one for paying cash and they are asking for exact change.

16. Mountain Man

Bet the cash line was short. LOL

furryfrog02 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted