WTB: Slabbed 1956-1964 "FS-901" Type B reverse quarter

Discussion in 'Want Lists' started by bugo, Jul 9, 2016.

1. bugo

bugo Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a '56-'64 quarter with the type B/"FS-901"/"proof reverse" reverse. I want a slabbed coin, preferably PCGS but NGC would be acceptable. I would also consider a nice ANACS or ICG coin. The year is irrelevant as long as it has the type B reverse. I would prefer that the label of the slab mentions the Type B reverse. Quarter must be in MSxx condition, the higher the better of course but realistically I'm looking at an MS 63 or 64. I looked on ebay but there aren't a lot of them on there right now and they're not all that nice. I want one without a lot of scratches in the field (especially the obverse) and with some sheen left. A bright white coin would be preferable. The coin must be centered in the slab from the back and front and not rotated more than a tiny bit. I've seen some coins that when in a slab, the obverse is centered but the back is off, sometimes by 25 degrees or more. (Is that called a "rotated die"?) I want to get a coin as soon as possible, and I want to buy it before I blow the money on something else. I prefer to pay via Paypal. Thanks for reading and I hope to do business soon.