Slab storage cases

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Tater, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

I'm trying to find a cheap place to buy a silver NGC storage case any ideas? Will NGC slabs fit into PCGS cases, they are cheaper on ebay than the NGC cases?

Maybe NGC has a better case with tighter QC on them and that is why they bring more money on ebay. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. panda

panda Junior Member

i think there was just a thread on this.

one could fit in the others case, but the other couldn't? it explained everything. i will look it up..

4. Tater

Tater Coin Collector

Sorry I can search the old threads, I haven't seen one on this so I didn't search.

5. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

It used to be the PCGS ones were the best fitting ones but then NCG changed theirs to that silver one and they hold both better.

Now I have lots of extra Blue PCGS ones that I have used for years that hold both just not the ANACS ones very well. :D

6. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

I got my NGC silver case for ten bucks at a coin show.

7. TimeWillTone

TimeWillTone Junior Member

Tater - you can buy them direct from NGC. They cost around 5 or 6 a piece, plus shipping.

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know if you have to be a member of NGC or not, but they are advertised in the membership packet at $5.50 each. Shipping is $10 for 1-10 display boxes, so it would be cheaper to order 10 at a time. Maybe you know someone near you who would be willing to split the cost with you. You can call NGC Customer Service at 800-642-2646 for more details.

Chris

9. seasnake

seasnake Junior Member

I don't belong to NGC and bought 10 from them a while back. PCGS holders fit nicely but their old rattlers and ANAC small holders don't so I cut some thin pieces of cardboard to hold them in their slots. It's a real nice way to store slabs without scratching them up and I amuse myself rearranging the coins as I buy and sell.

10. harley bissell

harley bissell Well-Known Member

I buy my slab holders used at the coin shops for one or two bucks apiece but have only found PCGS and NGC. Can anyone point me to a source for a marked ANACS case or marked CONECA or marked ICG cases. If you have them for sale yourself please contact me via pm. If you are referring me to a dealer or the TPGs themselves go ahead and list here in case someone else has the same problem. Thanks.

11. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

On a tangential note, I have been looking at storing my NGC and PCGS silver war nickel sets in vintage military ammo boxes.
    $_1.JPG

12. harley bissell

I used those in my house to store rolls of circulated coin rolls. Since they were indoors in a heated house I did not think that I would need to use desicant pouches.
    Moisture built up and stained the coin rolls. I would not trust slabbed or mint state coins in ammo cans. Junk and bullion coins and bars might be safe. Nothing where part of the value comes from condition. Some of my cans had no gaskets - others had good gaskets - all had moisture problems.

13. SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom

SilverWilliesCoinsdotcom Well-Known Member

thanks... good to know...

14. harley bissell

HAPPY TO HELP AND HOPE OTHERS WILL AVOID THAT PROBLEM. HARLEY

Draft saved Draft deleted