SILVER RUSH next Sun @8

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by hemi1500, Feb 17, 2013.

1. hemi1500

hemi1500 Member

Just saw the ad on TV,,Next Sunday at 8 on Discovery..

Undaunted by the "Black Swan" outcome, the Odyssey team sets their sights on three new projects including:

SS Mantola, an ocean liner sunk in 1917 in 8,000 feet of water off the Irish coast, with a silver cargo worth an estimated $20 million.
    HMS Victory, the flagship of the royal navy located in the English Channel, that was lost in 1744 and may have carried a billion dollar load of gold.
    SS Gairsoppa, a freighter that was torpedoed in 1941 off the coast of Ireland, purported to have silver bars potentially worth $200 million dollars. The catch? This shipwreck lies deeper than the Titanic at nearly three miles below the surface of the North Atlantic.

I am not sure where this should be

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Polish Silver

Polish Silver ColorfulWorldCoins.com

I'll definitely check that out.

4. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

Retrieving PM's from miles under the ocean? Count me in.

5. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Wait...nobody's jumping on the "it's all staged" bandwagon here? Maybe they planted that treasure ship there just for the show, or it was filmed on the moon landing soundstage, like Pawn Stars. :cool:
    Guy

6. George8789

George8789 Leaving CoinTalk for good

Even if it is staged I'm pretty sure they will be talking about the history and things like that. I know pawn stars is fake but I learn many cool things about history from it.

7. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

there is no insurance company in the world that would let you put 200 million dolars in silver/gold that far down in the ocean and then risk many lives to get it back. Get real

8. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

I will be watching

9. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

Don't worry, James Cameron really didn't re-sink the Titanic either. But I was being sarcastic, not serious.
    Guy

10. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

11. Victor

Victor Coin Collector

No it's not fake. The salvor has already contracted to keep 80% of recovered treasure from the Gairsoppa.

12. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

I really enjoyed the short series with Odyssey bringing up the Black Swan treasure and was furious when they lost the battle to keep the salvage. I would have dumped it back in the ocean and told Spain it was all theirs. I'll be watching this one as well. Hopefully it ends better for them.
    Guy

13. Becca

Becca New Member

Sounds pretty interesting!

14. bobbyhelmet

bobbyhelmet Member

15. COINnoisseur

COINnoisseur Professional Amateur

PAWN STARS IS FAKE?!?! My whole universe no longer makes sense!

16. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

Barter kings must be fake? Dont you think?

17. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

Anyone watching this?

18. newcoinguy

newcoinguy Member

didnt look that good from what I have seen so far

19. rockyyaknow

rockyyaknow Well-Known Member

I agree its is kind of dragging, but I am going to stick out all three hours of it.

20. Revi

Revi Mildly numismatic

Have you read Ship of Gold? They found a lot of gold in a ship that sunk with 49ers on it off of the Carolina coast. It took them years, but they found and got the gold out, and the story of how they did it is the interesting part.

21. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

This shows boring. I would rather watch a show where people coin roll hunt. sorry

Draft saved Draft deleted