Silver pickups

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Hiddendragon, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Hiddendragon

Hiddendragon World coin collector

On Friday I went to my favorite coin store and looked through the world silver. They have it divided by silver purity, but they usually look up the individual coins and give me a quote. Well this day the person who was helping me was not into looking them up, so he was just weighing them and doing the math and charging a little over spot. As soon as I realized that, I knew I had to buy everything nice that I could find. I got the following for a total of $105. IMG_20190324_00011.jpg IMG_20190324_00022.jpg IMG_20190324_00033.jpg IMG_20190324_00044.jpg

chrsmat71, Mr. Flute, Bayern and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I hope the person who "helped" you was a relative of the owner.

Chris

4. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

Nice haul!

5. Hiddendragon

Actually the owner's son also works there and he's really tough on his pricing so I was glad the other guy was helping me. The store pays just the silver price when they buy them so they're still making what they need to.

6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Well, be sure to let us know if that employee is still there the next time you visit the store.

Chris

Hiddendragon likes this.
  7. Michelle_7728

Michelle_7728 Member

If you go there all the time, and want to continue going there, you might want to consider taking it back when the owner is there and let him know...I've gone back and paid more if I felt I inadvertently took advantage from another employee there...but then the owner I work with is always really good with me, and we have a years' long buy/sell relationship.....

8. Hiddendragon

You guys have the wrong idea. The clerk I bought from has worked there as long as I've been a customer (10 years or so) and I don't think he'd be in trouble. Like many coin stores, they just don't focus on world coins and mostly see them as something "for the kids." That means you can get great deals if you know what you're doing. Everyone there knows me by name, and the owner was there, just wasn't the one helping me.

Ag76 likes this.
  9. Michelle_7728

Michelle_7728 Member

Ah. My mistake. Great find then! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted